Chapter Nineteen

(Harry’s P.O.V.)

“What would you do if I told you that I was pregnant?” Kat asked one morning. I stared at her in shock.

“What?” I shouted, running over and feeling her stomach. She started laughing and slapped my hand away.

“I’m not pregnant, Harry. I’m still a virgin,” she said. I glared at her.

“Don’t scare me like that. Wait, you’re a virgin?” I asked. Now she glared at me.

“Wow, Harry. Nice to know what you think of me,” she snapped.

“That’s not what I meant, I just didn’t know,” I explained quickly. She rolled her eyes.

“What’s for breakfast? I’m one hungry mofo,” she said. I smirked at her.

“Well, Louis went out with Zayn and Val and Niall and Liam are still sleeping. So what do you want for breakfast?” I asked. She considered this and propped herself up on the counter.

“Pancakes?” she asked.

“Okay, if it’s pancakes you want, pancakes you get,” I said. “Go get dressed.”

“What?”

“Well I can’t make pancakes. We’re at a hotel,” I told her. She groaned and went to her room and got dressed. She came back and pulled me out of the room and into the elevator.

“I love pancakes,” she said. I laughed.

“That’s nice. I love bacon.”

“Mm, bacon,” she said. “Although, sometimes when I eat bacon, I think about the fact that they’re dead pigs.”

“Did you kiss Niall?” I asked, changing the subject completely. She fell silent and her cheeks turned red. “Great, you kissed him,” I mumbled.

“Why do you care so much?” she asked defensively.

“Obviously because I like you,” I shot back. We both fell silent. I probably shouldn’t have said that. The elevator doors opened and we walked out in silence, searching for a pancake place.

“Sorry, Harry,” she said quietly. “I just haven’t been…I wasn’t open to being close to someone in light of what had happened. And then Niall took me to the carnival and we kissed. It wasn’t a big deal.”

I suddenly felt guilty for pushing her when she was in such a fragile state. “Sorry, Katrina. I didn’t mean to – ”

“It’s okay, Harry,” she said, cutting me off. She grinned at me and she looked genuinely happy. Then she took my hand in hers, catching me by surprise. Katrina didn’t seem like the type for handholding, and nor was I. But it felt nice to have her tiny fingers woven through mine.

“You’re absolutely beautiful. Did you know that?” I asked her, looking down at her. My lips were almost pressed up against her ear and she giggled.

“Thank you, Harry. You’re pretty good-looking yourself.”

“And I hate that Matt did that to you. Just remember that every day you’re surrounded by six people who love you very much, okay?” I asked. She swallowed hard and her eyes were almost shining, but she nodded and smiled.

“I know. I love you guys too.”

(Katrina's P.O.V.)

At dinner, Liam tossed Louis and me a magazine without looking us in the eye. I looked at it curiously and it was plastered with a huge picture of me and Louis laughing. I groaned and Louis grabbed it and skimmed for the article.