Chapter Eighteen

(Katrina's P.O.V.)

September came fast and brought with it an entire week off. We spent this week in a secluded part of California. The boys would go surf or mess around on the beach, but I normally stayed inside unless I was going out to tan.

"Kat! Get in the water!" Louis yelled. I shook my head and stayed on my towel.

"If you don't get in, we will soak you," Harry warned. I opened one eye and they had a huge bucket full of water.

"You wouldn't dare."

"I think we all know, we would," Louis said with a smirk. I jumped up and ran away from the two cheeky boys, but I ran right into Niall. He grabbed me and picked me up, taking me to the water while I kicked and screamed.

"Niall! Put me down!" I yelled.

"Okay," he said simply. I stared at him in shock. Then he threw me into the water.

I was submerged in a tornado of bubbles and I came up and started to cough and spit out salt water. The three boys were laughing as I dragged myself out of the water.

"Oh, come on! You're already in!" Harry complained. I stuck my tongue out at him.

"Kitty Kat! Stay in the water!" Louis pleaded. "It's more fun than tanning, I promise."

I ignored him and got out. "I'm gonna check Twitter. No splashing when I have my phone," I warned them. They went back to the water and I got out my twitter.

Everyone seemed to think I was dating Louis since the concert. I didn't really care, I tweeted that I wasn't, but other than that I hadn't bothered much. I got a few death threats, lots of hate, and lots of love. It's was quite strange. I was only known for being their friend, yet I was very well-known.

"Anything new?" Niall asked. I shook my head and shut my eyes again.

(Liam's P.O.V.)

Zayn and I had gone to the gym while the others stayed behind. On the way back, we stopped at CVS to pick up some stuff and check the magazines.

On the front cover of People was a huge picture of Louis and Kat laughing at the beach we were staying at. I snatched the magazine and read the headlines: Louis Tomlinson's Blossoming Love for Manager's Daughter.

They wouldn't like the sight of it. I bought it to check it out and see what they had to say. "Why are you buying that?" Zayn asked.

"Just to take a look. Will you read that article out loud to me while I drive?"

"Okay," Zayn said indifferently. We settled down in the car and I started to drive.

"Louis Tomlinson (20) has been spotted many times recently with manager Sal Martin's daughter, Katrina Martin (16). The two have been sighted flirting on the beach or going out for lunch alone. Though they have both denied that they share any sort of relationship other than good friendship, a close sources says "They are always flirting and messing around. It's like they're a couple, but they're not. Anyone can see they're meant for each other. It's only a matter of time."

"Close source?" I asked angrily. Zayn glared at the paper. "What close source!"

"That's obviously made up. Okay...Katrina Martin has been traveling on tour with the boys all summer and will continue to do so for the remainder of the year....the rest is just talking about the age difference. This is insane, what is that bull about a close source? And they went to lunch alone once when they missed the rest of us eating!"

I sighed. "They do sort of look like a couple," I reasoned. Zayn gave me a sharp look.

"Did Louis tell you what he accidentally told Kat?" Zayn asked. I shook my head. "He told her he loved her."