Chapter Twenty-Two

(Katrina's P.O.V.)

They were determined not to let me leave. Niall actually locked me in a closet and Louis called my mom to try to reason with her, but she just wouldn't have it. Harry had unpacked my entire suitcase and threw it all over the floor and Zayn stole my wallet so I couldn't pay for a plane ticket. Liam, on the other hand, understood that they were only delaying the inevitable and he helped me get my things back together.

They did come with me to the airport though. I went through as fast as I could so that I didn't have to think about the people I was leaving behind.

"I'll call you every day."

"We'll visit as often as possible." 

"Let me know when you have winter holiday!"

I just nodded at all of this and went in line. "You aren't even giving us a proper goodbye?" Louis asked sadly. I looked at him and managed a small smile.

"No. This isn't goodbye. It's good day. I'll see you again soon," I said. He smiled back weakly and I boarded the plane.

(Louis's P.O.V.) 

She couldn't be leaving. Not now, not ever. It was only November, she was supposed to be with us for the rest of the year. This wasn't fair.

I watched her plane go up into the air and waited until it was completely out of sight.

"Louis, it's time to go," Liam said. I ignored him. He sighed irritatedly behind me. "We will leave you."

"I'll call a cab," I answered in a monotone. He just left and I pulled out my phone. I knew she wouldn't get any messages until she landed, but I still texted her.

Me: miss you already. We'll always be friends Kitty Kat. See you soon :)

I sighed and put my phone away. I didn't want to lose her. She was too important to me. She was too good to let go of.

(Katrina's P.O.V.)

I was back in my general routine in one day. I walked through town to my old breakfast place. I sat in the table where Niall and I once sat. The memory made me smile and I ordered my food.

"Hey, Kat!" I looked up and saw my friend Annie coming over. "I had no idea you were back! You are back, right?"

"Yep. Back this time," I said sadly. She frowned and sat down across from me.

"Why so sad?"

I sighed and played with my food. "I left a boy behind."

A voice from behind surprised me. It was a voice I knew all too well by now. He had a British accent that caught me off-guard. "You did?"

(Harry's P.O.V.)

I walked through the town nervously. What if she didn't want me here? What if she didn't want to hear what I had to say? Kat had rejected me many times before, I wouldn't be surprised at this point.

Then I saw her. She was sitting in a booth alone and turned around talking to another girl. I hurried inside and as I neared I could hear what she was saying.

"...I left a boy behind."

"You did?" I blurted, not really thinking straight. She turned around in pure shock and stared at me. My breathing felt tight in my chest and I cleared my throat.

"Yes. I did," Katrina said. The other girl stood up and walked away, knowing this was a private conversation. I walked over to her and she stood up, facing me.

"Harry, what are you doing here?" she asked.

"I came for you. Katrina, I tried to say it on the boat, but didn't get the chance. So there's really nothing to fear anymore....Katrina, I love you. And nothing you do or say could make me stop because you're worth it. You're worth everything. Because I love you. And the day I spent without you was unbearable. I don't ever want to be without you, because it made me hurt more than -"

I stopped talking because she was kissing me. This was new. She kissed me. And I kissed her back. I lifted her off her feet a little bit, our arms wrapped around each other. Right there in the middle of the waffle house.

When she finally couldn't breathe, she pulled apart. She looked me full in the face with a happiest smile I'd ever seen.

"I love you too, Harry."