Chapter Two

(Katrina’s P.O.V.)

I threw my clothes back into my suitcase with such ferocity I was surprised nothing ripped. I had only unpacked two days ago, it was stupid of me to believe I’d stick around for any longer. I heard my door open, but I didn’t turn around.

“Don’t even try right now, dad. I’m done with this bull. I’m leaving like you want – ”

“Katrina? It’s me, Niall,” the blond boy said. I felt my face burn and I turned around.

“Oh, I’m sorry. And I’m sorry about earlier, it’s not that I don’t want to go on tour with you guys, it’s just – ”

“Complicated?” he asked. I nodded, feeling myself smile. “It’s all right, Kat,” he said. I grinned.

“You called me Kat.”

“Am I not supposed to?” he asked.

“No, I like it,” I said. Niall was cute. He walked over and sat on my bed.

“Anything I can help you with? We are leaving tomorrow. And since you’re being nice enough to join us even though I’m sure Harry was an ass to you, it’s the least I can do,” he said with his Irish accent. I shrugged.

“See all the clothes on the ground? Can you just throw them in here?” I asked. He eyed the suitcase.

“How the hell do you plan on closing that?”

I laughed. “I’m a girl who over packs for every trip. I manage. It’s normally a series of sitting and jumping on the top while someone else tries to squeeze the zipper on,” I answered. He laughed and started to pick up my clothes from the floor.

“So where are you from, Kat?” he asked. I felt my stomach flutter when he called me Kat.

“I’m from Sparta, North Carolina. It’s in America,” I said.

“THIS IS SPARTA!” he shouted, taking me off-guard. I looked at him in amusement and started laughing. “So, since this is Sparta, do I get any dinner? Cause I am one hungry boy.”

Just for effect, his stomach growled. “Come on downstairs. My dad’s gone, right?” I asked pulling him out of my room. He nodded. “Good. I can make macaroni. That’s about it.”

“Well that’s fine as long as I can have a lot,” he said running into the kitchen.

“Hey, are we eating?” Zayn asked running into the kitchen after us. “I’m hungry. What are you making us, Katrina?” he asked quickly. I looked down and he had a red bull in his hand.

“Got into my stash, have you?” I asked. His face turned red.

“I’m sorry, didn’t know it was yours – ”

“Kidding. Macaroni,” I answered.       

“FOOD!” Louis shouted from the top of the stairs. He thundered down the stairs at lightning speed and knocked over a chair on his way into the kitchen. “What are we eating? I’m hungry. Katrina, are you a good cook? Please say you’re better than Niall - "         

“What, you’re all drinking red bull as well?” I asked. Louis shot me a confused look.

“Red bull? I haven’t even seen any,” he said. I sighed.

“So you’re naturally hyper?"          

“Precisely,” Liam answered, walking into the kitchen. “So steer clear when he actually does drink red bull. It’s a disaster.”