Chapter Six

(Zayn’s P.O.V.) 

Katrina, Louis, Niall, and Harry had completely disappeared for the night and it was only ten thirty. Liam sat down on the couch beside me and Valerie while we watched a movie.

“What was that about?” Liam asked. We both looked at him. We hadn’t been paying any attention when Katrina and Louis had come back.

“What was what about?” Val asked.

“Kat went up to her room without a word and Louis looked really confused. When I opened the door they were nose and nose. It was weird.”

I crinkled my forehead. “You don’t think Louis likes her, do you? He’s got Eleanor.”

Liam stared at the screen blankly. “He could. But he wouldn’t cheat on Eleanor.”

“And Kat wouldn’t be that girl. She’s been cheated on before,” Valerie said. We both looked at her.

“Really?”

“Yeah. Uh, she had a boyfriend since freshmen year. They were dating for about a year and a half and she went over to his house and found him with another girl. Bad times. She was really torn up about it. Hasn’t had a boyfriend since. Oh, she’s dated,” Valerie added, seeing our raised eyebrows. “Had a little bit of fun. She just doesn’t like to get attached anymore.”

I sighed. “Man, that sucks.”

“Well, that’s what happened. I wouldn’t have anything to worry about with Louis and Kat, she wouldn’t do that. She knows he has a girlfriend,” Valerie said. Liam stared at the movie for another moment.

“Well, I’m off to bed as well. We’ve got to get up early tomorrow. See you two in the morning,” he said. When Valerie looked away, he shot me a quick wink and then made a rude gesture. I shook my head with a slight smile and he left.

“Liam’s really subtle,” Valerie said vaguely. I felt my face burn and she laughed.

“We like to give each other a hard time,” I said uncomfortably. She laughed.

“I’ve noticed. Poor Harry was getting ripped apart out there,” she said with a sentimental look. I laughed and she scooted closer to me, leaning her head against my shoulder. I was taken aback, but I put my arm around her and she snuggled even closer.

“Hey Zayn.”

“Yeah?”

“What’s it like to be famous?” she asked quietly. I looked at her in surprise.

“Do you want to be famous?” I asked. She looked up at me.

“Nah, I’m just wondering,” she said, She turned back to the television.

“It’s really quite cool. It’s like…everybody knows your name – ”

“ZAYN MALIK! LET MALIK YOU!” Valerie shouted in my ear. I laughed.

“Go ahead, lick me,” I said. She moved back a little.

“I don’t actually want to lick you. I was joking.”

“Too late. Go ahead. I’ve had a lot of fans ask me that,” I said. She made a disgusted face.

“No way.”

“If you don’t, I’ll lick you,” I threatened.

“Ew! Why is everyone in this house so weird?” she asked. I licked her cheek and turned back to the television while she wiped the saliva off her face. “ZAYN! THAT’S DISGUSTING!”

“But really, you enjoyed it,” I said. She smiled.

“I would’ve enjoyed something else a lot more,” she said.