This Happens To Other People, Not Me

Mystique's POV

"When you smile, I smile, ohhh-" I slammed my hand down on my phone, somehow shutting off the alarm.

I found that pretty song while I was scrolling through my phone a few days ago. Justin had sang it for me at some point, and I guess I'd recorded it because here it is; a voice note in my phone, and my new alarm clock.

I rolled over, feeling a wave of overwhelming disappointment for some reason. Did I expect Justin, aka Mr. Hottie, to be there? Yes, but that won't happen. There's no way he likes me.

I yawned, tossing back the covers, before climbing out of bed. I winced as my feet hit the cold, hardwood floor.

Noticing it was chilly in my room, I strolled over to the thermostat and turned it up to seventy degrees fahrenheit. That feels better, I thought.

Next up, some clothes (and don't think I'm nasty because I didn't shower this morning; for your information, I showered last night). I danced my way to my closet, happily flinging open the door. This was my favourite part of the day because it was like my own little mall. All kinds of clothes, a variety of brands, all different colours. Fucking heaven.

Carefully, I scanned through my clothes and found an outfit to die for. It was a white, lace crop top, black high waisted shorts, open black heels, and a headband made of daisies. My hair would lay in a braided updo, the headband strewn across, with curled pieces of my baby hair right by my ears, left out on each side. My makeup would be done lightly, just some mascara and peach blush. I'd finish off my look with a silver anklet placed on my right ankle.

After I finished getting ready, I skipped down the staircase, and ran straight into the kitchen. I planned on making the boys a big breakfast. Too bad I never had the chance to.

"Aye Mystique," Jackson greeted me, waving.

"Hey! Good morning," I smiled back, opening the cupboard.

"Good morning to you, too," he replied, just as cheerful. "What are you up to?"

"I'm going to make breakfast for the boys. Care to join me?" I said, polite.

"Oooh, can't. I've actually got a meeting with a new client. I kind of need someone to go with me.." he trailed off.

"Oh, did you ask one of the boys? I bet they'd love to go," I suggested.

"I would, but they're all asleep. I was wondering if you could join me.." he sounded hopeful, and well, desperate.

How could I say no?

"Oh.. um.. sure! Let me just grab a purse," I smiled.

He flashed me a grateful smile, before heading off to the garage.

I scurried upstairs to grab a black over the shoulder bag, and skipped downstairs, taking two at a time. I ran to the weaponry room, grabbing a pistol and dagger. They were extremely easy to conceal. After I'd gotten what I needed, I strolled over to Jackson's car and slid inside.

I buckled up, waiting for him to start the car. He did it very quickly, as if he were running out of time. He backed out the driveway, not pausing for even a second, before zooming off down the road.

"Holy shit, Jackson. Slow down," I gasped as the needle itched toward three hundred.

"Did I ask you to fucking speak?" His voice was ice cold.

I knew something was wrong the second I got into his car. His demeanor changed. He was scary in a way, and also hungry, hungry for what, I don't know.