Chapter 12: The Great Race

Chapter 13: The Great Race

I'm so sorry for the lack of updates. School has been so busy that I haven't even edited. Lots of exciting stuff has been happening in my real life too, which is super super exciting. And time consuming. So here's this chapter that I've whipped up specially for my readers who keep requesting, and here is our reader of the chapter!250Mazy. 250 has amazing and hilarious comments and comments are my favorite parts of updating and reading. They make my day and I highly encourage you to take a lesson from them, lol jk, you all are amazing. I have a lot of readers coming up, and it's so hard to decide who will be up next. Just know if you're reading this now, and you haven't been dedicated, you're on that list.

Miles and miles and miles away, a man stood on the deck of a massive abandoned warehouse. In the distance sat Gatlinburg and it's mountainous terrain, gleaming in the moon and starlight. City lights lit up the sky and all the nearby wasteland, shining light on crank villages and survivor camps. The group of survivors were just behind those mountains in the wasteland spreading out behind Gatlinburg, unknowing that they were this close to Right Arm.

The male had his hands clasped behind his back and a grim look on his face as he watched a few helicopters rip across the peaceful sky, their choppers creating large gusts of wind that he couldn't feel but could hear.

"WICKED," said another man next to him, who had shaved head and thick, angular eyebrows.

"Some must have escaped. The last time that they sent out helicopters was when that other group escaped," another guy said, speaking softly.

The man in the middle turned away and pointed to the man last to speak. "Contact Sandy. Ask him who has escaped and if my siblings or mother are amongst them."

"Yes sir Roland," the man rushed to the doors and made his way down a set of rusty metal stairs, his feet thudding noisily. Below them, a city swarming with Right Arm members and outcasts thrived in the moon and torchlight, settling into their homes. Gatlinburg has shunned them and left them for dead.

"Gally, gather a group," Roland said, running a hand through his thick, brown hair. In that moment, he looked just like Roxie, with the freckles speckled across his cheeks and nose, and the gleam in his eyes. "We're going to go search that wasteland."

"Are you sure?" Gally said, holding a gun to his chest. "We can't risk you leaving at such a crucial time."

"We can't risk leaving more people out there. They know stuff we don't, and God knows they know how to fight," Roland walked down the steps, then turned once he reached the bottom. Gally was staring down at him, biting his lip.

"They hate me," he said, worried.

"WICKED made you do a lot of things. WICKED has made people do a lot of things. I'm sure they will understand." Roland said.

Gally smiled a bit, but the smile was gone quickly as he made his way down.

Roland clapped him on the shoulder and positioned his scarf to cover his face, before saying, "Right Arm is on their way."

...

Eliza watched Lamar poke the fire with a stick. It was morning now, and he hadn't come inside to sleep at all. She knew- she couldn't sleep either. She watched him after a few hours of restlessness from her little corner, and noticed that every time his eyes began to droop, he snapped up.

Everyone was still asleep, all the girls and Aris, who was breathing quickly in his sleep. Eliza stood over him for a second before walking to out of the cave and taking a seat next to Lamar. He stirred, and quickly looked up when sensing her presence, clearing his throat.