Chapter 4: White & Red Hallways

Hey shanks! Bringing you something earlier than expected! I am going to write up a few more chapters soon and publish them. Enjoy this chapter, and don't forget to vote & comment!

Chapter Four: White & Red Hallways

Newt walked into the room after the guard directed him, and the door shut behind him with a satisfying click. As he walked in, the other cranks looked up- Eliza, Lola, Murphy, Teddy, Ethan, and a few other girls from Group B he hadn't introduced himself to. Jorge was nowhere in sight- he was whisked off as soon as they touched ground at WICKED.

"So?" Lola stood. She looked odd without rags covering her face and smoothing down her hair. Now, in WICKED's all white outfit, she looked small and timid, her bushy blonde hair sticking out. There was a small gap between her front teeth.

Newt sat down- no, collapsed- onto his cot with a sigh. "Minnie should be getting us that key card any minute now."

The cranks all fell silent. Murphy and Eliza sat on one cot, both hugging their knees with grim looks on their faces.

Newt hated to see himself as a crank, but he had come to terms with it long before he even knew he wasn't immune. His first recognition had came when he beat the lights out of Aris, and the second one came when he kicked the man out of the helicopter... Marie had looked at him then with so much fear and confusion, he couldn't stand looking at himself in the mirror any longer.

"Are you sure?" Teddy said, sitting on his own cot. Since he had been discovered as a crank, he had gone through multiple tests, as had Newt. The doctors had told them they were being kept because they needed tests done to compare results with the immunes. When they were done, Newt didn't want to know what WICKED would do with them.

"I'm pretty bloody sure, Ted." He sighed and stood suddenly, pacing the room. He could feel himself slowly slipping. He wasn't himself.

And it scared the bloody hell out of him.

Minho had knocked out Luke with a few blows, then ripped off his key card from his neck with a snap from the chain.

"Here." He tossed it to Minnie, who opened the door quickly, and looked back. The other gladers were gathering stuff, grabbing food and clothes and sheets. It had taken Minnie and Minho, with the help of Aris, Lamar, and Marie, to discover WICKED's schedule for tests. They decided that Minnie would be the one when the plan began- her tests were usually the most brutal.

"Come on, grab his gun!" She instructed Aris, who scrambled over. He grabbed the gun, slung the strap over his thin torso, and paled.

"Don't get cold feet now, Jones, go go go!" She whispered loudly. Aris, leading a group of various Gladers including Frypan, rushed from the dorms and into the hall. Aris held up his gun with shaking hands, before turning back to Minnie,

"We still need to get the girls from Group B." He said, a shake in his voice.

Minnie paused, exchanging a look with Minho. He was looking at Aris, his eyes a bit far away.

"Fine, do you know where they're being kept?"

Aris nodded, causing Minnie and Minho to gather their belongings and rush out of the dorms. The Gladers had to move quick, knowing for sure that they were on camera. Aris shot out any camera that they could see, and after the third shot, the alarms began going off.

Even though most Gladers expected this, it still shocked them. Minnie looked around, before grabbing Aris's arm. "Bring me to Group B. Minho, go take them to the jet!" She shouted over the alarms. The flashing red lights didn't do much to mask the determined look on Minho's face as he darted down a hall, Gladers hot in pursuit.