give it a try

Mike POV

"So your implying that Y/N is like El." Lucas and the others asked, I nodded my head and turned to face El and Y/N who were on the couch talking.

"Well. El can hear static as well, it helps her concentrate when she enters the other dimension. Like visionary shit." I explained, they all nodded in agreement.

Y/N then stood up.

"I do not have powers. Damn it, I'm a normal kid who has asthma and loves stuffing my face with cookies. I don't want anything to do with super natural, the only super natural thing I have in my life are the X-Men comics and other superheroes." She started explaining while walking back and forth.

Dustin then walked over to her, he checked her wrist.

"No number. She wasn't collected by the Hawkins Lab." Dustin spoke, Y/N nodded her head.

"Yeah. Clearly, I don't remember being in a lab before I even moved here to Hawkins.." she mentioned, I raised my brow.

"But you were adopted. Maybe they wanted to take you in..." I spoke, Y/N gulped.

"My birth mother died and I was passed to my god mother who was my mom's best friend. So yeah, adopted." Y/N mentioned. I clenched my jaw.

15 minutes later Dustin kept nagging her about super powers, Y/N kept denying she had any.

I decided to go drink some water.

Steps behind me approached.

"Mike. I just want to say thank you for the seizure thing, you remembered to turn me on my side, and without you I may have died. Just know, I still don't forgive you." Y/N explained, I nodded in agreement and was glad she thanked me. These steps would clearly take time.

Y/N POV

I walked back to Dustin and the others. I sat there and they all stared at me.

"Guys. Stop. I'm still Y/N, AND I don't have any powers." I spoke, they all just continued to stare. I clenched my jaw and flung my arms up.

"I don't have any powers." I yelled, with that, The glass of water in front of me tipped over. It must of tipped over when I flung my arms up.

"Will. I am so sorry, I'll pay for your glass. I can't believe I shattered it." I spoke worried, then I looked up at everyone's faces.

"Ah-Huh YOU do have POWERS." Dustin mentioned, I exhaled and gulped.

"I didn't mean for it to spill." I mumbled under my breath.

I focused and watched as Dustin held a space ship toy from Star Wars in front of me.

"Okay. El wouldn't do this last time, can you do it. Make it fly? C'mon give it a try. " Dustin mentioned, I raised my brows and gave him a look.

"Fine." I replied.

I kept my focus on the object, I continued staring at it when suddenly.

The toy rose up from Dustin's hands and it was hovering.

"Holy shit." Dustin mumbled, the whole party just stared at the hovering toy and then back at me.

"HOW COME WE're only finding out about your powers now?!" Lucas yelled, I shrugged my shoulders and felt weak after that one move. Then this wave of dizzy-ness came over me, I needed some water.

Will POV

Later on that night Nancy, Jonathan and Steve found out about Y/N and what was happening. It was strange that all of sudden she had powers and started hearing static, out of the years we've known her, she never had anything like this...

Mike and El were on the couch, he had her curled up into his arms. Dustin, Lucas and Max were playing a game of monopoly, while Y/N was at the kitchen table just sitting there, she looked blank. I decided to join her.

"Hey." I spoke as I sat next to her, she turned to face me. She faked a smile.

I could tell it wasn't genuine.

"Are you thinking about Mike and El?" I asked worried, she agreed and nodded her head.

"Yeah. I love Mike and it hurts me knowing it was so easy for him to leave me..." she whispered back, I understood and stood up, I made my way to my freezer and pulled out two fruity popsicle sticks.
As I walked back over to her and sat down she gave me a genuine smile.

"You deserve better then him, he's too blind. And for this new problem, just know that you'll be okay. We don't know that there is a demogorgan, you just gained powers and that's it. The upside down won't get you... I promise." I explained, she thanked me.

"You always know what to say Byers." She replied, I chuckled and rubbed my neck slightly.

"I'm just a wise guy." I said jokingly, she giggled.

"Will..." she spoke. I turned to face her again, I watched as she looked behind me and faced Mike and El.

"Would you choose a girl that you hardly know, over your best friend and girlfriend?" She asked hurt, I gulped and nodded a no.

"No." Was all I replied.

-chapter 9