Final moments

Y/ N POV

I knew there was a higher risk of me dying then living, and that this was going to be my last hour with the most important people in my life, I just wished my mom was here.

I felt my adrenaline pumping due to my IV drip, I had energy as well.

One of the assistants of Dr. Brenner walked in, she kindly informed me that in about half an hour I was going to be ready for the upside down. I could feel my heart beat 10x faster and my throat close up, my breathing pattern changed... I was scared of course.

Almost everybody wished me luck and we said our goodbyes, it was hard for me to specially say goodbye to Steve, my big brother. It was now down to just the party saying goodbye,

I felt as they wrapped their arms around me in a con-joined hug,

"You've got this. We love you, We'll see you after, ok?" Max spoke, I nodded my head and couldn't let go out of the hug, I just wanted to stay in that hug forever.

"I love you." Will mentioned, I mouthed an "I love you back." And smiled at him, then Dustin stared at me.

"I love you too. Like a lot. So much." He spoke, I giggled and then gulped. Then Lucas basically yelled,

"I LooOoooooVe you even more." He yelled and screamed, I raised my brows at his craziness. I gave them one more goodbye, all of them just turned to face mike and then walked out, which left me and him alone.

Mike stood at the end of my bed, his hands placed in his pockets and he smiled nervously, then instantly he started crying.

"Just let me come with you into the upside down- No, Mike. Please, just stay behind." I said interrupting him. I knew that he would try his best to come with me, so I asked Hopper and Steve to make sure he didn't do anything stupid, I wanted him safe. Mike blinked and looked down knowing this was best for him, I could see that he was really hurt, he couldn't stop crying and his breathing was fast, he was hyperventilating.

I stood up and made my way over to him, step by step as I made my way over I could feel the energy kick in, I was strong enough to move.

"Are you crazy, don't waste your energy and strength on me. get back into bed." Mike spoke, I nodded my head and gave him a look.

Mike then pulled me closer to him, his hands rested on my hips, I leaned my forehead onto his just staring at him. We were both quiet for a few seconds, just enjoying each other's presence.

"Mike?" I whispered, he looked at me and raised his brows, I felt as he gripped onto me harder and pulled me closer to him.

"Hmm?" He hummed. I blinked and inhaled, as I exhaled I knew he wouldn't want to talk about what I was going to bring up next.

"If something happens to me, then I have to say that you mean the world to me, even with everything we've been through, I'd still chose you. And I didn't want to die and not tell you that... I love you Mike." I whispered, I felt the tears fall.

He nodded his head and leaned in to kiss my forehead.
"You are not leaving me and nothing will happen to you...I promise.- Mike, you can't make any promises... " I said interrupting him, he nodded a no.

"I know you're strong enough. All I know.... is that you can't leave me, I don't want you to leave me. A day without seeing you would be torture and painful, I need you around. And how dare you say you love me first, I wanted to be the one to do it, you know, tell you how much I love you. And I love you so much that hopefully, later on in life we can both hear the words "From this day forward" and we're both standing in a church" Mike spoke, I watched as the tears streamed down his face, I smiled at him and wiped his tears with my thumb.

I grinned at him, I can't believe he mentioned that Wedding reference... Our foreheads leaned onto one another's again, I felt safe and enjoyed every second with him.

"Your so cheesy I love it." I whispered with a smile, he smiled back.

*knocks on door*
We turned our heads to look at the door way.
"It's time." -

-Chapter 15 part 1