please, listen to me

Mike POV

I called up the sheriffs office and got told that Hopper wasn't even at the station. I couldn't waste time, I told the boys over the walkie to tell Hopper all about the situation while I was biking my way to Hawkins Lab, which we thought would be abandoned after what happened last time with the demo-dogs.

I pulled up to the big gates of the Lab, I examined the two men by the entrance. I gave them a look and they seemed like they knew who I was, so they opened the gate. I raised my brows and entered, as I placed my bike on the side of the building I started running towards the entry of Hawkins Lab, I eyed out the elevator and made my way towards it... Until, a hand was laid on my shoulder. The men just stared at me.

"We know what you're here for." They spoke and gripped onto me, I struggled and tried escaping their grip as they pushed and pulled onto me, we were heading towards the 'Testing Lab.'

The men pushed me into a room that had a table and a chair, also a huge window. I stumbled around the room and then finally saw her, through the window... she was on the other side just sitting on a table with two Lab doctors in front of her.

"Y/N!?" I screamed while I banged on the window, she turned her head and she made eye contact with me, her eyes were red and watery,

"Mike, Mike." She yelled my name out painfully.

"MIKE?! Help-" she stopped crying and leaned back onto the table as they injected her with something, I kept punching and banging onto the window.

"LET HER GO. PLEASE, LET HER GO, PLEASE LISTEN TO ME." I yelled crying, I watched as she started blacking out.

"Y/N?!" I yelled over and over again trying my best to break the window, I even tried using the chair to smash the window. Suddenly a cough sound happened, I turned around and my eyes went wide because of who was standing in front of me.

"Mike... it's me Dr. Brenner- I know who you are. WHAT DO YOU WANT? JUST LET Y/N GO, JUST STOP PLEASE." I yelled out as I stepped closer towards him, I decided to swing but Dr. Brenner stepped back again.

He grinned at me, I clenched my jaw and examined the men standing behind him. I then turned around and faced Y/N who was blacked out on the table, I watched as they injected her some more and took out two tubes of blood.

"Mike. I need her to help me. Since, Elevens disappearance, we haven't found anyone with the same abilities... Until we found Y/N's records. And once we found out her information, she was easy to track down. Should have known that she knew you." Dr. Brenner spoke. I cried some more and nodded a no.

"You are not using her. She doesn't deserve this, she's so scared. Let her go, please." I mumbled while tears formed in my eyes, he stepped forward.

"We've finished collecting what we need, we've also finished injecting her with some fluids. She should be waking up soon. You can see her in the recovery ward." Brenner mentioned then walked out, I punched the wall again and groaned.

About 12 minutes later I was wondering where the fuck the others were? I hope they didn't get into trouble on the way here.

I stood outside of the recovery room that held Y/N in, Suddenly Dr. Brenner walked out and brushed past me. Brenner talked to her before I even did... I ran inside her room and was relieved to find her awake.

I wrapped my arms around her and smiled.

"Your okay. I'm glad your okay. Look, I'll have to find a way out for us." I explained, Y/N nodded a no.

"Dr. Brenner wants me to close the portal gate. The dimension gate is still open, they want me here for a day to test my abilities. And then tomorrow, they want me closing it." She explained, I nodded my head in denial and held her hands tightly.

"Are you insane? No, No way. I am not allowing you to do that. I can't let you do that. I promised to keep you safe, remember?" I spoke choking on my words, Y/N just gulped.

"Yeah. When we dated. This isn't your choice Mike, it's mine. Look, they think El is still missing, no one else can close it. And she can't come back here, they'll just keep her here and continue testing on her." Y/N explained, I licked my lips and nodded a no.

"What if they'll keep you here? What if they test you and lock you up here for years to come?" I asked quite loudly, Y/N placed a finger over her lips.

"They won't. I promise." She whispered, I frowned my brows.

"How do you know? You can't be sure.." I said worried, Y/N looked down at our holding hands.

"Mike. I got told from the lab that, I was dying. My seizures and strokes are the main cause, my brains shutting down and being over worked. The lab won't keep testing on a dying patient." She explained, I felt my heart drop. My tears streamed and I kept nodding a no in denial.

"If you close the gate using your powers. You could die, instantly. There's no way I'm letting that happen." I replied staring at her. Y/N hugged me as I continued freaking out.

"Mike, I'm dying, if closing this portal keeps you safe, keeps our friends safe, keeps the town safe. Then I'll do it." She whispered, I cried and gripped her tightly into my hug.

"I promised to keep you safe. Please don't break it." I whispered back.

-chapter 12
-How was this? How do you feel right now? ❤️