You want to know why?

Mike POV

Why was Y/N continuing this act of hating me and El? I thought we were going to start becoming friends again. I thought wrong.

A week has passed since we found out about her powers. According to Will, Y/N's been practising moving things and etc, good for her. We still had no idea if there was any danger, so we just left it alone and made sure the party kept a close watch on Y/N. It was hard to do due to Y/N avoiding me.

"She walks around school thinking she's all that. Just because she has male attention. I hate it." I spoke as I leaned against my locker and watched her from down the hallway. Lucas laughed and retrieved the books from his locker.

"Let her be. She let you be." Lucas explained, I scoffed and faced him as the bell went off.

"we should head to last period." Lucas mentioned, I agreed and he walked off. I stood there and just exhaled, I've been frustrated lately cause, the truth is. I missed her a ton. I tried apologising this morning in the hallway before school started but she just ignored me.

I turned my head and faced the left, I saw her walk off and out of the hall way. I decided to follow. I ran after her and just examined as she walked out of the school gates, I raised my brows and chased her.

"What are you doing? We have one more period" I spoke as I caught up, she faced me and rolled her eyes.

"It's called ditching Wheeler." She replied, I clenched my jaw and placed my hands in my pockets of my Khaki pants.

"It's not like you to ditch class. You love school. Are you okay?" I asked, she didn't reply and ignored me again. I ran in front of her and stopped her in her tracks.

"You need to stop avoiding me. Tell me what's wrong?" I asked, she groaned.

"Just let me walk home." She said back, I gulped and nodded.

"Fine, but I'm coming as well." I replied sternly, all she did was roll her eyes and sighed.
The entire walk back to her house I just kept asking questions and trying to get her to open to me, she pushed it away... it reminded me of the time she was here for me, the time where I lost El and she helped me open up. I needed to do the same thing.

We finally arrived at her house and I followed her to the kitchen.

"You want to know why I ditched?" She asked and gulped, I nodded my head in agreement.

Y/N pulled out some medication and took it quickly,

"I- I haven't been my 100% best. My body feels weak and I can't think in class, I shut down but I wake myself up before it's too late. I'm scared that if I fall asleep or become unconscious I'll seizure out." She explained, I blinked and stepped closer towards her.

"Your sleep deprived. What have you been doing to keep yourself awake?" I asked worried, she held up her hands... I examined the blood and nail marks. She's been squeezing onto the inner of her palms to keep her awake.

"Okay. You need rest, I'll keep an over watch on you." I explained, she thought about it and finally agreed.

"I'm going to shower first." She mumbled, I nodded my head and she brushed past me. 10 minutes later and I've walked around the entire living room just examining each photo of me and Y/N, some pictures it was just us two, the other pictures involved the boys/party.

I smiled as I glanced at our science project photo.

I then decided to head up stairs. I walked along the hallway and stood Infront of her door, I reached for the door knob of her room and closed my eyes, it gave me a flash back.

-flash back

I opened the door to her room and analysed as she sat on her bed.

"FINALLY, your here. I've been waiting!!! Did you bring that book I wanted to read?" She asked smiling, I agreed and jumped straight into her bed.

"Mike, stop. Your so... annoying, but, I enjoy it." She explained, I grinned at her cuteness and leaned in to kiss her, she nodded a no and raised her brow at me.

"Nope. You don't deserve a kiss. You ruined my bed sheets." She spoke jokingly, I rolled my eyes.

-end of flash back.

I smiled to myself lightly just glad I remembered that.

I opened the door, she was standing there just brushing her wet hair.

"I'd thought I'd come up to check up on you." I mentioned, she nodded her head and faced me with a blank look. She then turned around to grab something from her vanity drawer.

"Take this. I made it. And now, I don't want it." She said while handing me a photo album. I opened it up and examined our polaroids together.

"I'm going to get some water. I'll be right back." She whispered before walking off. I turned the pages and felt my heart break just thinking about what I did to her, I traced my fingers over a Polaroid of me and
Y/N at some diner in town.

I then placed the album down.

*glass breaks*

My eyes went wide. She was hurt, did she drop the glass of water? Is she alright?

"Y/N?" I yelled out.

"MIKE! Help me please." She yelled back, I could hear her screams turn into crying.

I ran down stairs as fast as I could and examined the open front door, my heart beat was beating fast. I stepped outside and saw from a distance down the street that men held hostage of Y/N.

"Mike!?!" She yelled before they covered her mouth again.
I started running after her down the street as she struggled to enter the back of the van. Suddenly, they pushed her in an closed the van doors.

The skid noise of the vehicle was loud. I watched as the white van drove off...

"Hawkins Lab" I mumbled under my breath.

They broke in and took her. I then ran back in the house and upstairs to grab her walkie.

"BOYS. BOYS. DO YOU COPY? HAWKINS LAB HAVE JUST TAKEN Y/N?, INFORM STEVE, JONATHAN AND NANCY AT SCHOOL. I'M CALLING HOPPER. OVER." I spoke. I gripped onto my hair due to frustration, I yelled out of anger and felt my tears escape my eyes.

I needed to call Hopper.

-011
-How was this chap? 💛🧡