ten

As Cheryl walked down the isolated hallways of Riverdale high she passed the familiar locker of the one and only Veronica Lodge. She cursed under her breath as she realised that the girl hadn't arrived at school yet, she wanted to discuss the concert that was planned and for one she didn't even know who the artist performing was. Cheryl made a mental note to hunt the dark haired girl down later to question her about their plans. Cheryl also had made a mental note as to what to wear, what shade of lipstick to bring as a back-up and even which one of the girls she was going to talk to the most, so it's fair to say she was very prepared for lots of different situations. Right? 

Cheryl sits in the front row of her history class, so trying to talk to Veronica when she walks in late is pretty difficult to do without getting attacked by the teacher, so she chose not to to talk to her until after.

During history class Cheryl feels her phone vibrate in her pocket and can't help but wonder, is it her? no not Veronica, Toni. She should stop thinking about her. But she can't stop thinking about her. Does she want to stop thinking about her? Cheryl shakes her head to rid of those thoughts. Class will be over soon so it's not that long until she's put out of her misery. The rest of her history class goes by very slowly, much to Cheryl and most of her peers' dismay. The bell rings and everyone practically piles on top of each other to escape the classroom. After lots of pushing and shoving to not so gracefully leave Cheryl ends up in the, now busy, hallways and she reaches into her pocket and pulls out her phone she shouldn't but she smiles when she reads that the message she received earlier was in fact from Toni.

tonitopaz: i'm bored, entertain me princess ;)
sent : 12:21pm

Cheryl rolls her eyes as no matter how many times she tells her to stop, Toni is persistent on calling her 'princess'. She enjoys talking to the girl too much to argue about it right now so she types out her reply.

cherylbombshell: i'm not much entertainment, especially after a history class. i think i'm ready to go to sleep
sent : 12:44pm

tonitopaz: well you're always welcome to come sleep in my bed, it's warm and usually holds me in it too.
sent : 12:45pm

Cheryl blushes.
Correction. Cheryl blushes A LOT.

cherylbomshell: hmm i'd take you up on that offer but i have classes, speak to you later topaz.
sent : 12:45pm

tonitopaz: you'll be there one day blossom, i know it ;)
sent : 12:46pm

Cheryl stuffs her phone in her pocket in need of thinking of anything other than being in a bed with Toni. She rounds the corner into the lounge and is met with Veronica Lodge and Betty Cooper sat on the couch. Finally she can talk to them about this, probably awful, concert they are going to. Cheryl confidently makes her way over and stands in front of the two with her hand on her hip,

"This concert we're attending, who's performing?"

Veronica stands and says along with her hand actions "Well Kevin's suggestion, Khalid concert. He really likes to fangirl over this one." She says with the hint of a smile.

Cheryl replies almost instantly "Please tell me Kevin is actually coming with, considering it was his own suggestion."

"Well he said he had a work shift, but he might be able to reschedule if you ask him to" Veronica says with a questionable tone.

Instead of replying Cheryl waves and turns on her heel to go and find Kevin, she would much rather talk to him than listen to Betty and Veronica complain about their boyfriend problems for all of the following night. Maybe she could have just spoken to Josie but there's no harm in her inviting someone she actually knows a bit more about. Whilst walking down the now isolated halls, Cheryl feels her phone vibrate in her pocket once more and she knows exactly who it is that the notification belongs to. She spots Kevin out of the corner of her eye, taking some books out of his locker, as he closes his locker and takes in the sight of Cheryl in front of him he takes notice of the fact that he has never seen her smile so genuine and purely happy and he is determined to find out the source behind that very smile.