eleven

The song quoted throughout this chapter is "Love Lies - Khalid ft. Normani Kordei"

x

"Sorry if it's hard to catch my vibe, i need a lover to trust, tell me you're on my side"

The music blasted at the arena, not that it bothered anyone. It especially didn't bother Cheryl who was busy swaying back and forth to the music, eyes closed and letting the music sink in, truly letting her hair down. She had a drink in her hand and was enjoying the atmosphere of the concert. As she was with Betty, Veronica, Josie and Kevin (who reluctantly agreed to come after all of Cheryl's pleading), Cheryl was surprised to be having as much fun as she was.

"Are you down for the ride? It's not easy for someone to catch my eye"

She opened her eyes briefly to see the lights fading in and out and the singer gliding across the stage in an almost dance-like walk as he sung. The vibrations of the music sending an electric feeling through her body and making her feel as though she was infinite, but what else do you expect from the Cheryl Blossom?

"But I've been waitin' for you for my whole damn life, for my whole lifetime"

Cheryl wonders why she thought of Toni after that line, her presence filled her thoughts as she continued swaying to the song she thinks of how endearing Toni is, she can't help but think of their conversations and how they're always enjoyable, Cheryl can't help but let out a genuine smile at the thought of the girl.

" Don't be afraid to tell me if you ain't with it"

"So who is this mystery of a man that keeps making you smile." Kevin asked leaning into Cheryl so she can hear him clearly and then taking a sip of his drink.

Cheryl froze.

"As much as I love you Kev, that's for me to know and you to never find out." Cheryl spoke wide-eyed not even looking in his direction, she got caught out. She can't even tell him it's not a 'mystery man'.

"I'm a Keller, I can work it out myself if you won't say" he spoke confidently. Satisfied with his reply, he moved back over to where Josie was dancing and joined her, moving slowly to the rhythm.

"I see you're focused, yeah you're so independent, it's hard for me to open up, I'll admit it"

Veronica is the only one that knows about Toni, and the fact that it's a her. Cheryl now noticed that Veronica hasn't brought the topic up, and has respected the fact that Toni is most definitely a she. Cheryl can't help but thank Veronica, in her mind, for not telling all the school to start with. Maybe she can verbally tell her thank you, maybe. Cheryl decides that she has had enough of worrying, for the time being, she needed another drink and ASAP. She started to make her way over to the drinks store in the arena, again letting the music get back in her system.

"You've got some shit to say and I'm here to listen"

"I'll have a refill, red cup drink."

Cheryl watched as the man poured her a drink, a green cup drink.

"Excuse me, I said the red cup drink" she shouted a bit louder so that he could hear her better through the music. The guy behind the bar didn't turn around.

"I will climb over there and pour my own damn drink if you don't listen to me"

He still didn't stop making the other drink.

"I said red cup, you imbecile!"

It's safe to say it took a while for Cheryl to get her drink. After she did retrieve her drink and checked that it was, in fact, a red cup drink, she took a sip and was happy to get the alcohol back in her system after that encounter. She started making her way back over to the group. Cheryl relaxed and let the music back into her system.