Chapter Two

I watched as Saffron left the dark skinned beauty and headed to her car. I made my way over with Calvin and Jarek. We'd been trying to see the girl all day today and it was Saffron that got lucky enough to see her first, but that's what happens when you register last minute. This school wasn't how I expected it to be and if Sunni hadn't sent us here I would have been fine never knowing, but after seeing the beautiful girl that we had been sent here to get I couldn't be happier. My panther growled inside my mind wanting to be let free so that we could find her and take her with us but that would be a long shot and would most likely scare her into hiding. But by all that is sinful in this world, that girl was perfect. From her dark curls, clear brown skin and striking jade eyes she had me hooked by her claws and I never wanted to be free.

"So what did she say?" I huffed out. We'd been searching for her for a month and I didn't want to let anything go by chance. Not this time.

Saffron shrugged, "She didn't seem to recognize me or feel my power. But she did summon me."

"What do you mean she summoned you? Does she know who she is?" Calvin spoke with a slight undertone of suspicion.

"No, it's obvious that she can't feel her own power, so I doubt that she even realizes how strong she is ...and hot." Saffron blushed and I smirked at her.

Saffron had always had a thing for gorgeous women and well, in this case, who could blame her?

"Man, did you see those legs I swear I think need to just soak in the Atlantic and that might not even cut it," Calvin said loudly.

"What the hell? You all started a meeting without me? Insufferable pieces of shit! You guys never tell me anything! Ugh!" We all turn simultaneously to see Zelisa walking toward us, her sky blue hair whipping in the wind that she undoubtedly created mid-rant.

"Calm your tits, Lisa, nobody even started talking about anything other than how hot she is."

Lisa started to wind down on the air assault and her eyes went from silver to the pale pink that they usually were.

Jarek huffed "Did you take out your contacts?"

She rolled her eyes, "Does it matter? People are already going to think that my eye color is contacts so it doesn't matter. AND STOP TRYING TO CHANGE THE SUBJECT."

Jarek was about to get into it with her. This always happened, even when they were kids they fought life like it was a deathmatch, and with where we're from, it basically was. "Enough!" I shouted loud enough to get a few stares from the people around. "We have more pressing matters to speak about. Who was the girl she was with?"

"Um, her friend, I think a Clarice? I didn't really pay much attention to her though." Saffron says, coming out of a daze.

"YOU met her?" Zelisa whispered harshly. "God I felt her all day and every time I got close it would disappear."

I looked at them all. It was finally time. We were all going to go back home. We just have to convince the girl to come with us. Which reminds me, "What's her name?"

"Akiriya." Saffron whispers.

We sat still and I felt a ripple in the air as if saying her name caused the universe itself to change. We were going to get her, take her to her true home, and, maybe, allow her to find where she belongs.