Chapter Twenty-Nine

~Tanda~

I sat in my chambers alone. The dark cocooned me like a blanket when Alik barged in. I could feel his frustration from my seat.

"She hasn't changed. I thought she was supposed to be leading us and yet she's keeping secrets. Why?"

I fixed him with a look of loathing and disinterest. This small man, even overtaken, was whiny.

"Who exactly are you addressing, Councilman?"

He paused his march in my direction and looked at me. "So, you've taken over entirely then?"

He was referring to my host, and it almost made me laugh.

"Do you hear the sounds of unnecessary rhyming falling from my lips?" I rolled my eyes and stood from the soft chair I had been seated in. "Her essence is all mine. I haven;t heard a peep out of her since we returned from the human realm and I intend to keep it that way." I walked to stand in front of him and even with his superior stature I was clearly in charge.

He shrank in on himself as I crept in his direction. "Do you intend to flit around the room and avoid my question as well?"

Before he could comprehend the movement I held him by his throat against the nearest wall.

"Do not forget your place. Under the public eye you may have power but one on one with me you are nothing but a worm and how important is one little worm?"

He choked out a simple grunt and I released him. He fell to the ground in a heap and rubbed his throat. "I don't need to be important to you, I just need my life to mean more to you than my death."

I sat back down at the desk that sat in my room and invited him to sit in the chair opposite me.

"See to it that you remember then." I looked him in the eye. "As for what secrets are being kept, trust that they are for our own benefit. It is not a secret however, that the royal daughter has returned and therefore the prophesied war can soon come to fruition."

"But the girl is learning. She will have an army of believers behind her. They will be willing to die for her without question. Not to also mention the fact that she has yet to find her mates. That will be the easiest way to gage just how powerful she is."

I raised a brow at him and laughed. His face looked pale and he looked pathetic.

"Alik, I do not care if you panic, just do it quietly. The very sound of your heart racing is making me...ravenous." I laughed as he swallowed hard and looked at anything that wasn't me.

"I see you've redecorated." the distaste in his voice caused me to look at the room that I had felt looked rather marvelous. It was all done in dark colors and even darker wood.

I brushed it off with a simple. "It was just a quick thing. I assume since we'll be running the place I'd better make myself comfortable."

I looked up at the ceiling and thought. "As for your concern regarding her mates I have a little something in the works for that."

A knock came at the door and Councilwoman Deirdre walked into the room.

"Alik." she glared at him and walked over to my side, "Mistress Tanda." she bowed to me and smirked darkly at my barely clothing clad body. I smiled back and Alik cleared his throat.

"What is this plan of yours?" he asked.

I waved him off and focused on Deirdre. Her soft black curls were loose around her face and she wore a long shirt that she had borrowed from me the last time she was here. I motioned her towards me and she didn't hesitate to sit in my lap. I caressed her skin like the well behaved pet she was and Alik stood to leave.

"Oh, Tanda?"

Deirdre's lips were only a breath from mine and I was near ready to kill him. "What?"

"The princess has the sword." He smirked. I paused, the hand that sat under my lover's breast fell away and I looked at him.

"Are you sure?" I was seething, she couldn't possibly have it. How could she have gotten her hands on it?

"I can feel it's wavering essence somewhere in this castle and it only started when she got here."

"Find it." He left the room and I looked back at Deirdre. "Do you know how exhausting it is to be in charge, dove?"

"No," she kissed me slowly. "But I'm sure that I can stop you from thinking about it."

I grinned, "Do your worst."

"Oh, I intend to."