Chapter 4

I wake up smiling for some reason only to find that I'm hugging a teddy bear. A brown short-curly-haired teddy bear with black glass eyes and a black nose. The light from the morning sun floods into the room, as I sit up to stretch and yawn simultaneously I look back at the bear, I picked up the teddy bear and hugged it. The teddy had a velvet smell to it, being tired still, I shoved my face into the bear and closed my eyes. I suddenly remember where I am and all of the things that happened yesterday. It felt nice to be able to look back and think about something from the past, even if it was only one day ago. I lift my head from the bear and set it on my pillow. I throw my sheets to the side so that I could get out of bed. As my feet dangle from the bed, I smelled the familiar smell of coffee rising and dissipated into the crisp air. My nose tingles with the natural morning flavor. The smell of freshly grounded coffee beans stimulated every single feeling of bliss. The sweet, savory aroma wafted through the crisp winter air. My stomach clenched with hunger at the thought of delicious, honey rolls. I could imagine the warm, fluffy bun dripping with amber-colored liquid. I put on the wool slippers that were placed neatly next to my bed. I bend over to grab the teddy bears arm and shuffle my way to the kitchen. As I walked down the hallway, I yawned and rubbed my eyes. The aroma was stronger than ever. Remembering that I woke up in a hospital yesterday and gained amnesia, I wonder when the last time was that I ate real food.

I walk down the hall a little to where Logan pointed out where the kitchen was. I stand there at the kitchen entrance. I looked around, the kitchen was so sleek and professionally designed. It had granite counters, stainless steel appliances, clean utensils on hooks, and professional knife blocks. The wooden framed glass cabinets held hundreds of glass cups and white plates of all sizes. The gentle swish of the dishwasher sounded the room as well as the sizzling of pancakes being made at the gas-powered stove. The refrigerator had five doors on it and was the biggest thing I've ever seen. I can see Logan with his back turned towards me, making coffee. I just stand there waiting for Logan to notice me to know if I can come in or not. I don't know what his rules are in this house.

He finally turns around and almost jumps out of his skin to see me at the entrance. Logan was wearing an apron that said 'kiss the chef' on it, and he was only in his boxers that had pirate ships on them. I would have burst out laughing is I wasn't so tired.

"AAHhh! O-oh g-good morning Felicia! I didn't know you were awake hehe," Logan says, blushing like the tomato that waits for him on the cutting board.

"Umm Felicia, why don't you go sit down at the table, and I'll get you breakfast." He says while trying to hide his boxers behind the island. Too tired to talk, so I just nod and head over to the table that we sat at last night. Come to think of it; I remember how curly my hair is, maybe he was surprised by the crazy hair. I have no doubt that I have a massive bed head. The table was the same except the wine classes were replaced with regular glass cups with patterns chiseled into them. I set my bear on the seat next to me. I heard Logan running through the halls to get to his bedroom. I imagine he went to his room to change. Then soon running back to prepare my breakfast. As he was getting that ready, the giant French door shimmered in the morning light. I looked through one of the many large windows that lead to the courtyard. The snow was less, but still, there was a small layer, I saw a couple of snow hares hopping around outside. While I wait for Logan, I glide my eyes along the hedge maze. Once I make it to the center, the smell of coffee, pancakes, and eggs direct my attention away from the window and to the source of heavenly aromas. I see Logan in a large tank top and shorts revealing his burly arms and legs. He sets my plate down in front of me as well a cup of coffee that said 'A Cup of Joe a Day, Keeps the Doctor Away' I chuckled at that.

"Would you like cream or sugar?" Logan asks politely I look up at him

"I have no idea, just bring both." Logan nods his head and retreats back to the kitchen.