Chapter 8

My eyes flutter open. I appear to be in someone's room. I sit up and look around. Once I sit up, I cringe from a headache that lingers in my head, I reach over to feel my glasses to see if they were there, I then put them on. I seem to be in Logan's room, but why? Maybe it's because I changed the silky sheets with my breath. I'm alone, no one was in the place. I hear some muffling coming from outside the room. I step out of my bed, being sure I don't antagonize my headache. I creep up to the door but it was still muffled, and I couldn't make up any of the words. I slowly open up the door and see that no one is in the hallway. I sneak out to the corridor and towards the dining room. I stop in my tracks right next to the entrance to the dining room and can hear them clearly now. They must be sitting at the table. I can listen to Aiden talking.

"You can't be serious!" I cover my mouth preventing any heavy breathing. I can hear Logan. "You don't know how hard it is to tell her, she'll hate me for the rest of her life. The thought of that is just unbearable."

"She's bound to find out, and knowing her I'm sure she'll forgive you, somehow we all did." Olivia jumps in.

"I don't know what to do."

"You can't do this to our friend, she'll find out sooner or later, and you're going to be in the deepest hole that you've ever been in. The sooner you tell her, the better." Silence. Logan starts sounding serious.

"I only want what's best for Felicia. Her parents put me in charge of her. If she is to ever get hurt, it will be on me."

"We just want to be sure you aren't going to do anything bad, I mean with you being banned and all, you could be keeping her cause you're stuck in this lonely castle."

"Me being banned and Fay has nothing to do with each other. I just want her safe and healthy."

"Well, you sure couldn't say that a while ago." I can hear chairs being pushed out, and them walking towards the door.

"I can assure you, I promised her parents. She will be happy and back in the city as soon as I can. It sucks being stuck here, I should know." The door opens, and I poke my head around so I can get a glimpse of Logan walking our guests to the door.

"Go home, and once I've retaught Felicia everything, you will see her back in the city." Logan closes the door and whispers something out loud to himself.

"I don't want to lose you again, I'm doing this for you, even if that means I can never see you again." I fly quietly back into the room. My wings were still there so I must not have changed at all back to my usual self. Or is this my usual self, I just gave up thinking about it. Once I reach Logan's room, I jump into bed and pretend that I never even woke up. I roll my body to where it faces the opposite side of the room. He slowly walked into the room and called my name silently and once he's convinced that I'm still asleep, he walks over to my side and sits down on the bed. I hear him give off a heavy sigh.

"You're too cute." He says. I grunt, trying to pretend that I'm still waking up

"N-no I'm not," I say with a lazy stutter, still pretending. I use my wings to cover my embarrassed face. He tries to move my wings out of my face, but I don't budge.

"Oh Felicia, what am I going to do with you?"

"Make me breakfast?"

"Sure after I get you up."

"Wha-?" All of a sudden, I can feel him attempting to tickle me. It doesn't work until he reaches for my sides and proceeds to tickle me. I jumped off of the bed. I'm closer to the door and run out of the room playfully while giggling. He runs after me. I soon am cornered with my wings still covering my face at the end of the hallway. As Logan creeps up to me, I flap my wings and fly over him and keep running. I run out the dining room door and jump off the balcony. Logan runs over and looks down in shock. I shoot up in the air really close to hitting the gallery and Logan falls back in surprise. I can see him smiling from where I flew to. Seeing that he started to fly up to where I was, I go even faster. I realized how close he was getting and I hover over the garden maze, trying to keep a safe distance from Logan. This was too much fun. I laughed the whole time. Not remembering the last time I had this much fun. Looking back to see that Logan has vanished, I stopped in my tracks but flapping my wings, so I stay in the air. Suddenly Logan comes up from behind me and scares me.

"Gotcha!" He yells. I scream. "Haha did I scare you?"

"Yes!" We started to fly back together, but something stops him.

"Hey, do you smell that?" Logan says stopping in his tracks.

"No?"

"It smells like a rotting body?" He says questionable. I look down to see that we are right at the center of the maze. Oh no.