Chapter 14

I rush to the castle that stood so beautifully in the middle of the forest on a slight hill. The balcony door was still broken with large shards of glass spread all along the ground. I glide to the balcony and spread my wings to keep my balance while stepping over the glass carefully into the dark and quiet house that once belonged to me. I decided to look around for Logan, or anyone for that matter.

Each step that I took sounded louder than I expect each time. I walk past the table that still had dirty dishes on them before Ross barged in. The chairs, both pushed out from seeing who was at the door. As I walked through the room, just memories after memories start filling my head. From the first day that I stepped into this castle, to now. It seemed like no one was here. I tiptoe towards the hallway where the bedrooms are. First I walk to my bedroom, only to find the bed made and my glasses on the nightstand. I walk over to them and put them on. Even though my sight is a little blurry, I can't handle being without them for an extended period of time. Feeling the cold hard plastic rest on my ears, it gave me a little chill up my spine.

I decided to sit down for a little and think about how I'm going to apologize to Logan. Still thinking, I stand up and walk to the bathroom, in hopes that I can calm down with a splash of water to the face.

I open the door to find my face. My, human face. My wings were still visible and folded agents my back. I've grown quite fond of them. I turn on the water and cup my hands under the flow of liquid. I spring the clear liquid onto my face and just stand there with my hands on my face. Leaning my body and hands on the counter, I hear a door open. I quickly and quietly turn around. The sound was distant. It must have been the front door. I close the bathroom door quietly as I hear someone call out in a familiar voice.

"Is anyone here?" It was Logan. "Felicia?" I run out of the bathroom.

"Logan!" I look down in shame. "I'm sorry, I know you didn't really do it on purpose, right?"

"Of course not! I was so worried about you! I don't know what I would do with myself." He runs up to me and I'm impressed by the most beautiful hug. I wrap my hands around him and squeeze him tightly. I finally open my eyes to meet with his honeycomb ones. With his dark blue with the thin white striped shirt and his denim pants, he looked quite ravishing.

"I came across some old friends."

"You went to Emerald City?"

"That's the name of the city?"

"Yeah."

"Oh, speaking of the city! Also, I have some extraordinary news, you're not banned anymore!" He looks down at me deep in my eyes and holds my face with his warm and soft hands. His toothy smile turns into a meaningful grin. Just by looking into his eyes, I can only see the hidden pain of his past. However, before I could wonder what I still don't know, he closed his eyes and slowly removed the space between our lips. My eyes closed at contact. The softness of his warm lips reminds me of a hot chocolate next to the fire on a snowy night. It then all becomes clear to me. I love him. I love him and I never want to leave him. He leans his head onto mine as our lips separated and I start to feel tired and weak to my knees. I don't feel like I need to panic. I feel warm and safe against his chest. I can see the tunnel forming as my eyes and everything goes black as I fall into a deep sleep.