Chapter 15

Another dream? I'm running again, and just as scheduled, another light at the end of a tunnel. I slow down and walk to the light. Something's different this time, though. There's a door. A dark wooden door that stood a couple of feet taller than me. The door was detailed as if it took years to carve, but looked ruined with an oddly doll shaped hole in the middle of it. I reach for the handle. The doorknob looked pure gold. I hesitated but finally grasped the gold orb and turned it. It's locked. I start patting my pockets and looking around for a key then my fingers come across my bars doll in my back pocket that I put in my pocket from earlier. I pulled her out and held it up to the door. A perfect fit. I placed the doll in the slot. It fit like a glove. With ease, it opened and nothing but bright colors flooded my eyes. Beautiful smells clogged my nose, but before I walk in, I take the bars doll out of the now opened door and step in. Keeping the doll in my hand, I find myself in the central park of Zest Pond. I look around and see all of my friends younger. Olivia, Ross, Aiden, playing with makeshift toy boats in the pond, but there was no sight of Logan and me.

I walk into my house, vaguely remembering the way. As I walk, the environment starts to get darker and more depressing. I start to hear screaming in my head but it's not my scream. I start running to my house but it only gets louder and louder. I reach my home to see the door kicked open and dug up holes in the yard. And I hear a little girl screaming from inside.

"Where is it?!?!" I get closer to the high pitched scream. "Where is my best friend?!?!"

"Ah!" I see a light beam of fire break the roof and almost set the house on fire. Shattered wooden planks fell all over the yard. I look down at my hands where the Barsha Doll rested. I run to the front door and slowly open it to find a little girl sitting on the floor in the middle of the room. The room seemed a lot newer than when I was there recently, but this time it was different. Broken chairs and glass shards trailed from framed photos that laid on the ground.

"Are you looking for this?" I opened the door entirely and showed the six-year-old the old doll in my hands. The girl just looked at me while crying.

"Please... Please, can I have my bars doll back, she's the only family I have left." I slowly walk to the girl and kneel down and handed her the doll. She took it, being polite and hugged it so hard, I thought the dolls head was going to pop right off. I sit next to the crying girl.

"What happened to your parents?" Then there's a flash in my eyes. I look forward and see the little girl in front of me standing in front of her mom and dad. The mother had bright blue eyes and dark brown hair. Her Dad was tall and bulky with green eyes and lighter hair, he wore a full light blue business suit with a briefcase.

'Mom... Dad? Where is my Barsha Doll?!?"

"We don't know sweetie!"

"No, you know where it is, where is it?"

"Don't talk to us in that tone of voice!"

"Give it to me!!!" The girl is screaming.

"Go to your room, you're grounded!" The father says with his finger pointing towards me. I remember that I was sitting in front of the stairs, so it made sense.

"Ah!" The little girl ruptures in one big scream and shoots fire from her mouth and nearly sets everything ablaze. Time speeds up and I can see the parent's eyes filled with fear that there is nothing that they can do to calm down the little one. Running away out of the city and nowhere to be found, my guess is to find someone that can help. Once they leave, a flash in my eye makes me blink and I'm back to where I was before, with the little girl hugging the doll tightly. I stand up and walk out of the dark, burnt, and messy house. On the other side of the fence was Logan. He was calling out for me to come outside. I don't think he can see me, so he must be calling for the younger me. I stand to the side and look at the door as it slowly creaks open with a mini-me poking my head out.