orientation

Hinata always had a thing for narcissistically confident people if he said so himself, the Grand King was a perfect fit into that category. 'It would never work out,  he's going to college soon anyway.' he thought to himself, stealing a glance at the brunette.

Slowly, he forced his feelings back into the depths of his very being and never spoke a word about his ridiculous crush. Okay, not never, but telling Sugawara is just as good as not telling anyone. He was the most trustworthy person he knew, him being the go-to parent of the team.

It was mid July and the training camps were insanely early in the morning. The only person awake was Hinata's mother and even she was hardly able to comprehend the grumbled farewell from her son.

The ride to the school parking lot was as it usually was -- boring, but he was thankful for that today. Everyone was there except for Nishinoya and Kageyama when he arrived. "Good morning," the redhead croaked as he got onto the bus.

Once everyone arrived, (Nishinoya still in his pajamas, and Kageyama with strawberry flavored coffee) they began the decent trip to Tokyo. About an hour in he received a text from one of his online friends:

"on god, imma 'bout to cry"

"what'd you do?"

"women are so fucking beautiful, man"

"you're so gay"

"and you're so emotionless—"

"Who're you texting so early?" Kageyama said after a large gulp of his coffee as he took his self-assigned seat next to him.

Hinata slouched into his chair and rubbed his eyes. "Jikaru-chan doesn't sleep," Kageyama offered his coffee (a surprise for the day) and Shōyou declined.

"She's...like...a demon..." Tobio gives a soft wince, remembering the hell-like rant he'd been shown by Hinata after the decoy had complained about him during the beginning of the volleyball season. "I've never seen my own death so vividly before," They both gave a soft chuckle before going back to their own devices.

Hinata had fallen back asleep before he was able to finish typing his response to the message. It took two hours total including traffic to reach the gym, and boy was it worth it.