magicians without tricks

"I never thought it would actually happen..." Tsukishima muttered to himself. Yamaguchi softy snorted and covered his mouth.

Sugawara raised his eyebrows and crossed his arms. "Suga basically manifested for Hinata to get dick," Nishinoya spoke around his clump of rice, "I'd be surprised if it didn't happen,"

Hinata's face flared red and Ennoshita nudged a cup of water towards him, the saint. "It's not like we've done anything," he muttered over the cup.

"It's not like you can," Tanaka said, and rather loudly for someone who's trying to keep Hinata's love life a secret from someone less that three meters away.

Nishinoya bopped his best friend on the head. "It's supposed to be a secret," he hissed and nodded towards Kageyama who happened to be on a phone call. Maybe I should call Tooru, Hinata briefly thought to himself.

Yachi snapped in his face and caught his attention. "I still don't get why you're hiding this from Kageyama," she grumbled. She was the most upset about the situation. Keeping secrets didn't help her anxiety in the slightest.

"He would flip shit like Krabby Patties if he finds out," Hinata said as he worried a cheery tomato with his fork.

"If who finds out what?" Kageyama asked as he slid into his spot beside Hinata. Tsukishima averted his gaze with a barely hidden smirk on his face. Yachi froze and shoved a cookie in her mouth to eliminate her from being the one to explain.

It was summer break, and the remaining club members decided to have a picnic in the park. It's not supposed to be a volleyball related event, but he'll be damned if he won't get a few plays out of the team.

"If Sugawara finds out that Hinata took one of his brownies," Kinoshita swiftly covered. Hinata shot him a grateful look as Tsukishima rolled his eyes.

Kageyama blankly looked at his teammate. "He'll kill you if he finds out," he shuddered at the thought. "I still don't know why he was so protective over certain foods he brought in,"

Yamaguchi didn't react fast enough to hold back a laugh. Ennoshita covered his mouth and squeezed his eyes shut in attempts to pull himself together. Narita shook his head and shoved another orange slice into his mouth. "You can't be serious," Hinata looked up at his friend.

"What?" Kageyama said. "I figured the brownies were for the teachers since Coach Ukai and Takedea were the only one's i've seen receive them,"

Narita snorted. "No, half the shit he brought to school was illegal,"

"Suga-san?! Really?" Yachi gasped. "Even the gummy worms?" she asked.

Nishinoya laughed and pointed to himself with his thumb. "Who do you think gave him the idea?"

Kageyama waved his hands. "What about gummy worms? I'm so confused," he pouted to himself.

"Oh, they were soaked in vodka for twelve hours. I absolutely refuse to not take credit for that masterpiece," Nishinoya clarified.

Kageyama looked around the picnic table blankly before picking up his milk carton. "The fucking deception,"