MFALC Chapter 40: Defeating the Last One

Chapter 40

Days had passed, the couple manages to assure the safety of their children. Until now the authorities still looking for Cassie, to pay or expiate the sin she has committed.

Tyron is now busy with his paperworks, when he suddenly heard his cell phone ringing. He quickly took it over his office desk, and answered it without looking at who was calling him.

"Hello..." He uttered while his phone was placed between his right shoulder and ear.

"Mr. Anderson, it's been a long time. Miss me?" A woman's voice sarcastically spoke on the other line.

Tyron is suddenly being sharp-minded hearing that voice. He's not sure. But his hunch was too strong, that it is Cassie, who is calling on the other line

"C-cassie?" he asked, in the possibility that his suspicion is true.

"Hahaha!" nakakakilabot na halakhak ang pinakawalan nito nang marinig ang sinabi ni Tyron. "I'm flattered that you still recognize my voice, even though I've changed it to be more mysterious." malanding turan ni Cassie sa kabilang linya.

Tyron quickly wrote something on a blank sheet, before evoking Amara's attention by flaunting the piece of paper he is holding, whirl it in the wind.

When Amara noticed that Tyron was calling her attention, she quickly walks toward his husband and said, "What is it, babe?" she asked, while her brows were furrowed.

Tyron quickly prompted Amara to be quiet, by using his index finger on his own lips, before handing her the noted paper.

Kunot noong kinuha naman ito ni Amara at nagulat sa kanyang nabasa.

Babe, call the security and tell them to track the number that's calling me right now. It's Cassie!

Amara quickly looked at her husband and when she saw that Tyron was seriously talking to Cassie, she immediately ran to the security to tell what Tyron wants.

On the other hand, Tyron keeps himself to remain calm, so Cassie could not perceive what they were planning about her. He simply clear his throat before he decided to speak again,

"Ehem... What do you want?" he said coolly, to prevent his voice from stammering.

"Tsss... Come on Tyty, you already know what I want. So stop sh*tting me around! Turn the case down, that you filed against me and my sister!" sa puntong iyon ay parang isang bulkan na sumabog ang emosyon ni Cassie ng sambitin niya ang mga katagang iyon.

"That's not gonna happen, Cassie! You have to pay for your wrongdoing. Mas mapapagaan pa ang kaso mo, kung susuko ka agad." maawtoridad na anas ni Tyron dito.

"Then you leave me no choice." makahulugang saad nito, na siyang nakapagpakunot ng noo ni Tyron.

"What do you mean?"

"I asked you politely, but you push me off of my limits! Pasensyahan tayo sa gagawin ko sa anak mong si Tyler!" pagbabanta nito sa binata.

When Tyron heard what Cassie's threat, he quickly stood up and said, "What makes you think, that I would believe you?"