50: Apology

I started scrubbing the floor in the ballroom as Amanda sat on an upside down crate so she could read a book I found on the history of the piano for children. I figured since she was four, she could read a book by herself while I worked.

"Mama, do you think people will enjoy my music even if I have my mask?" she asked. I looked at her and nodded.

"Of course they will. Even if they don't, your brother, sister, Father and I will listen your genius all the time," I told her.

"I want to earn enough money to support you so you don't have to work," she said. I chuckled as I continued cleaning the floor.

"Darling," I started, "I enjoy working. I want you to support yourself once you have the money." She made a sound as she continued reading her book, and I chuckled under my breath.

"Mama, Father is looking for you. Should I tell him that you are here?" Syren asked. I looked up, and I nodded as I continued cleaning the floors. She ran off, and I watched as she spun on the ball of her foot.

"Samantha," Max said about five minutes later. Amanda and I looked up, and I stood up slowly.

"Yes?" I asked. He walked closer and held my hands.

"I love you, and I am so sorry that I scared you," he whispered. I raised an eyebrow and shook my head. "Please, just listen to me. I don't want you to think that I don't want to spend every waking second of my life with you. Hell, I want to spend every moment of my life with you." I looked at the ground.

"I do too Max," I said, and he kissed me lightly.

"I would like to take you out for dinner tonight to apologise to you more," he said, and I smiled.

~*~

I kissed the children good bye as Max stood by the door, waiting for me. I kissed each of their foreheads, and they all smiled at me as I stood.

"Luke, you take care of your sisters tonight. Syren, you must help Amanda get ready for bed, understood? Amanda, darling, I need you to put your lotion on your face," I told them. I had never realised that I had to leave all three children at the same time without Max or me around.

"I will ensure they are in bed by nine."

"Amanda will be dressed for bed, and I will cook dinner for us."

"Syren will have to remember." Max chuckled as he held my shoulders.

"Samantha, we don't want to be late," Max said, and I kissed each of their heads again.

"I love you three so much," I told them, and they all smiled at me.

"We love you too, Mama," Luke said. I grabbed Max's arm, and he led the way out of the house to the carriage.

"You are certain that the children will be fine, correct?" I asked as Max helped me into the carriage.

"Of course they will be. They are Jamesons," he said. I smiled at him and took his hand.

"I can't help but to worry, Max. They are growing up so quickly. I want them to still be my little babies," I told him.

"They are, but you should know more than anyone that they also want to be more independent to be more like their mother," he stated. I chuckled a little as he put an arm around me. "Thank you for forgiving me." I looked at him.

"How could I not? You are the love of my life," I said. He smiled, and I blushed under his graze. He lifted my chin, and I smiled as he kissed me lightly. I gave him a gentle hug as he held me closer to him.

"I love you with all my soul," he told me, and I smiled as we rode in silence the rest of the way.