Chapter 3

"Please tell me you didn't call mom."

"Too late.

Ophelia had to jog to keep up with Claire who of course marched like a runway model

Ophelia had to jog to keep up with Claire who of course marched like a runway model. Ophelia glanced down at the death traps on Claire's feet and wondered how the hell she managed to keep walking without falter. However, Claire's skills in heels didn't do much else to dissuade her decision that was currently coming up.

She watched as they loaded up the meals and the workers began shoving the food down the chutes. It was meant to be an interactive feeding station... something for the twins to continue socializing with humans and Ophelia already could see the issues it presented.

Something Claire wasn't understanding.

"Claire... you need to change the way you feed them. Owen and I.... when it comes to feeding time for our raptors we have them earn their food or hunt for it by releasing a pig in the enclosure-" she spoke earnestly to Claire, "-And Owen should be a part of this! The raptors are-"

"I'm not here to listen to you tell me what I should or shouldn't do Ns. Grady. Nor am I here to listen to you tell me about assets that are under Mr. Grady's control." Claire hummed as she pushed the buttons to open the chutes allowing access between both the outside of the enclosure and the inside.

"Control?" Ophelia snarled her temper flaring. "These are animals! Not assets Claire. They're wild creatures that need to be respected." Claire Dearing looked up, locking her blue eyes with Ophelia's golden. It seemed they always had this argument after Ophelia had spent time with the twins.

"Your Concerns are being heard." Claire assured her, obviously tired of the same discussion. She turned leaving the glass viewing in favor of hopefully getting away from Ophelia.

Ophelia on the other hand was fuming silently. "Since when have you taken anything I've said into concern?" She felt the low growl in the back  of her throat and watched as Claire Dearing avoided eye contact for the fifth time that day. It was a sign that Ophelia knew meant Claire was feeling uneasy, she always avoided eye contact. It was a trait both her and Owen shared.

"Like what? What concerns have you listened to because I'm not seeing any respects to them as animals! Only as experiments! Which in case you forgot I was one so I know exactly what they're going through." She gestured to the enclosure and the prodding they'd go through.

"I've put in a ball." Claire waved her hand emphasizing a small children's toy, purple with white stars.

"Oh my God. You're joking."  Ophelia deadpanned to Claire who not only looked serious but also proud of the ball.

"Are you expecting them to play fetch Claire? They're Dino's not doggos! They're not a furry pet you could feed out of your palm! They could kill someone!"