Chapter 13

"Attention Aviary employees, there has been a containment breach." The automated voice rang all throughout the park and I could sense the panic that was stirring as Jurassic World Employees were scattering all over the place. They had a job to do and depending on their instincts depended on how many people survived.

Claire received a phone call while I caught sight of Jeremy, the employee I fell in the Raptor pit with earlier today. "Ms. Grady!" He exclaimed with a smile of relief as his eyes flitted with panic. "What's going on?"

"Hi to you too. I'll explain later. Can you get me two rides?" I spoke waving my hands through the air nervously. He nodded quickly getting the message and I caught two keys throwing one of them to Owen. "Thanks I owe you one!"

"Bye Ms. Grady!"

"Guys! They caught sight of my nephews by the west gate!" Claire shouted while Owen revved the engine on his quad and I revved the engine of a motorcycle to my smug satisfaction.

"Get on!" Owen shouted to Claire and she hopped on his quad with me leading the way on the bike and people splitting out of the way for us. Zach and Gray. I mulled the names over as I looked over the crowd. ACU allowed us through the gates and Owen took lead with a pistol while I kept a tranquilizer gun unable to be willing to kill one of these creatures. I spent the past three years here tending to their wounds and helping them out of the eggs and such.

"Ladies and gentlemen, due to a containment anomaly all guests must take shelter immediately." The automated voice began to ring through and almost immediately the civilians in the park took off screaming while the automated voice continued its reiterated warning. It was chaos and in order to avoid running over someone I had to get off the bike.

"We'll find them faster if we split up!" I shouted and dived straight through the crowd ignoring Owen's shouts of protest. Women and children were screaming and I caught sight of a man holding onto two margarita glasses and ducking into a building as though the glasses were a delicate child.

"MOMMY!" There was a shout and I couldn't help but to look and see a little kid hiding from two Pterosaurs chomping their teeth and I quickly aimed and fired twice hitting them and effectively knocking them out. Rushing I grabbed the kid who couldn't be more then five years old and cradled it to my chest.

It was a little girl with curly brown hair and the softest brown eyes I've ever seen and she was sobbing as she clutched onto me. "Shh. Shh. I'm here okay sweetie. Wanna tell me your mommy's name?" I asked as I kept an eye out for anyone who looked like they were the mother.

"Mommy!" The kid cried. And I knew it was a lost cause. Of course.

"Okay. Your name?"

"Anne!" She whimpered. I nodded before shouting for 'Anne's Mom' over and over and keeping the small body clutched to my frame and aiming my tranquilizer at any pterosaurs that got too close to children for my liking.

"DON'T JUST STAND- AHHH!!" The accent caught my attention and I watched as a woman I briefly saw interact with Claire once get swooped away and dropped in the Mosasaurus water tank. I looked away intent with not letting my attention drag attention to the death for little Anne to see.

"Zach! Gray!" I could hear Claire's voice in the distance while I tried to hear or find Anne's parents or find Zach and Gray and despite me trying not to look at the death of the woman Claire once knew I saw two young men running towards the enclosure. One had curly hair and was small at my waist while the older one had brown hair and sunken in eyes as though he lacked sleep and seemed close to my age.

Wow. Did I really just find the nephews?

As soon as I thought that I noticed a pterosaur flying to them and shot it which caused it to fall and the two boys scrambled back barely able to avoid the long pointy beak. I rushed over keeping Anne clutched to my hip and her face buried in my neck. The tears of the child wetting my skin and shirt, well I hope it's just tears and not drool and snot.