Chapter 15

We all gathered on the bikes and I watched Owen deliver the scent they were meant to follow with Hel's tracking chip. One can only imagine how someone felt recovering that slab of skin when their dead friend's bodies lay strewn all over.

Oh wait. I don't have to imagine because I saw them all die in the first place.

Owen hit the clicker a few times before I got on the bike reviving my engine watching him get ready to run. Hoskins gave me a sly smile before disappearing as he knew I was the one leading the raptors in the first place.

It brought me back to when Owen and I were in the cage with them but back then they were shorter than my knee and I had to be careful not to step on them. I glanced up to see Jeremy standing over the enclosure with the button. "Don't you want to get out of the way?" He shouted at me.

"Just push the damn button kid!" Owen shouted. "She's fine! They know she tastes disgusting." He jokes and I flipped him off before revving my engine hearing the alarm go off once more and at the sound of the door opening I took off the engine roaring through the forest and I felt small gushes of wind by me to remind me of the Raptors next to me.

I'll be the first to admit

I'll be the first to admit. It felt pretty fricking amazing to have my girls running alongside me. Every time there was a squawk or chirp I answered with my own and then there was a nip at my leg and I turned to see Delta looking pretty smug as she sped off in front of me as though saying 'Catch me if you can'.  I gasped and looked behind to Owen as though asking if he saw that and when he grinned I cursed. "Dammit Delta!" and raced to catch up with her.

Delta caught sight of me and let out a sound of about as close to a raptor laugh as one could get and I let out my own laugh but was surprised when it no longer sounded human

Delta caught sight of me and let out a sound of about as close to a raptor laugh as one could get and I let out my own laugh but was surprised when it no longer sounded human. It was perfectly like another dinosaur's laugh. Like the laugh I heard three years ago.

"They're slowing down." Barry announced loud enough for Delta and I to hear and there was the sound of two authoritative calls.

One from Blue and one from Owen which caused both Delta and I to circle back to the group with no hesitation whatsoever. We all entered into a clearing and when Owen went to hand me a gun I refused with blatant disgust "Phil! For your safety, take the damn gun."