Chapter 10

When we got to the location of the Gyrosphere where Claire's nephews were supposed to be I found myself gagging at the sight of the deceased ankylosaurus that Hel had most likely straight up murdered

When we got to the location of the Gyrosphere where Claire's nephews were supposed to be I found myself gagging at the sight of the deceased ankylosaurus that Hel had most likely straight up murdered. At least she mostly ate that one unlike the Apastasours that she had left in the valley to rot for no reason. I shivered at the sight before seeing the Gyrosphere state. "Oh shi-"

Claire let out a desperate shriek as she ran forward and caught sight of something. As I walked closer to her I saw in her hands was a phone. The same phone she had been calling in desperation and I saw her entire body shake as she glanced at me with her eyes full of guilt. I somewhat agreed with her guilt, she should have just spent her day with her nephews like a normal aunt.

Jimmy Fallon spoke in the background while Claire began whispering under her breath "No. Oh no. No" and at the tremor that coursed through her body when she looked out sent Owen and I on notice we were about to have a sobbing woman in our hands within three seconds and I loved my brother but.... He's on his own with the crying female.

"Hey!" Oh wow. That's comforting Owen. Gee I wonder why Dad had to comfort me when my cat died of age when he had a son so in tune- "They made it out."

Oh...

True to my brother's observations there were footprints in the mud suggesting that there was a chase that gave way and I led the way before coming to a waterfall. I looked to the edge of the shore and saw those footprints there as well. "Dude, your nephews are hardcore." I applauded. "To be honest I kinda wanna jump off here but I'm kinda scared." I murmured looking down at the water.

Yet as I said my second sentence Claire had begun screaming Zach and Gray as though they'd just pop up out of nowhere like daisies. "Shh!" Owen and I both let out our protests as I pulled her hands down and Owen covered her mouth and she ripped our hands off of her looking disturbed.

"Would you shut up?!" I gasped looking around us nervously.

"I am not one of your damn animals!" Claire protested in a hiss. Her usage of the world animals kept me from saying anything else and judging by Owen's slight change he was caught off guard too. But not as much as I was as he was still able to respond.

"Listen! Those kids are still alive! But we will not be if you continue to scream like that!" My brother whispered with his eyes searching the forest carefully and I shook my head finally able to wrap my head around the word animal coming out of Claire's mouth and decided her change of opinion possibly came with one dying in front of her.

"So? You can pick up their scent can't you?" She scoffed looking at him with a gaze that said there was so much hope over those footprints.

"I was with the Navy not the Navajo!" Owen scoffed and then Claire gave my brother a dubious look gesturing to me as though he was the idiot and Owen spoke before I could "She was injected with Dinosaur not Dog!" At that statement I figured it was best to not point out that all genes were basically similar due to evolution so I let it be.

"So then what should we do? What do you suggest we do?" Claire asked us looking at Owen as though he held all the answers and I could laugh at how he was somewhat soaking that up. He could act like he didn't care what other people thought at all but he loved when people thought he was a good leader. Kinda like how I thrived off of people realizing that I'd be a good solo team instead of with a group.

"First you shut up." I groaned rubbing my forehead in my temples.

"Okay and then what?" Oh my god since when did Claire turn into this?

Owen looked at me in annoyance and then turned to Claire speaking in a firm tone "You get back. I'll-" at my cough he paused before sighing, "Phil and I will find them." I let out a satisfied purr at the sound of that before my purr turned into a sound of shock when Claire disagreed with the statement.

"You're wearing heels and you want to walk in this forest? Do you want to get eaten? There's not just Hel out here lady!" I scolded.

My brother decided to back me up as he looked Claire up and down 'I wasn't checking her out Phil I swear' I could hear him defend himself when his eyes turned R-Rated for a split second. I cleared my throat and his eyes went back to PG and he spoke to Claire "You'll last two minutes out here! Less in those ridiculous shoes."

Claire let out a huff and without another word and with her eyes locked on Owen she unbuckled her belt at the waist tossing it to the side and ripped open her shirt

Claire let out a huff and without another word and with her eyes locked on Owen she unbuckled her belt at the waist tossing it to the side and ripped open her shirt. What happened to no R-Rated Moments Claire? We discussed this earlier?! And then she tied up her shirt and rolled up her sleeves and placed her hands on her waist with a dramatic shift of weight to the side. "I'm assuming there's a point she's trying to make?." I questioned looking at her with a quirked eyebrow.

"What-what is that supposed to mean?" Owen asked looking at the woman and Claire rolled her eyes. She gave us a look as though we were the weird ones and gestured to her clothes again. "Yeah... Phil and I don't follow?"

"It means I'm ready!" Claire scoffed at us impatience coloring her tone.

"Okay." Owen looked at her and then at me and I shrugged my shoulders. "Let's get one thing straight.We-" he used his finger to point to him and I " are in charge out here. You do everything we say, exactly as we say it." He said and Claire looked like she was very offended. I didn't blame her but Owen put me in charge too so I'm not complaining.

But Owen didn't put the redhead in charge leading to a shriek of "Excuse me?"

"Just relax would ya princess? Owen and I will take care of ya." I soothed and Owen shrugged as he looked over Claire and I. His smirk grew defined.

"It's just like taking a stroll through the woods. 65 million years ago." He teased and I cast a glance at the waterfall wondering again what it'd be like to jump the cliff. "Phil?"

I shrugged looking at the water. "I'm curious to know but I dunno. I'm too scared to-" at this Owen picked me up and of course I was too scared to scream for fear of attracting the Indominus Rex and he threw me.

I hit the water with a splash resurfacing and glaring at my brother. Unbeknownst to me Owen told Claire "She still had Oil in her hair."