12.

he pulled out a chair and pretended to pull out a book from his bag. his hand held the book firmly, but his eyes weren't trained on the letters; instead, they were hovering over the sight of some particular people inside the same place. with his face scrunched into a frown, taehyung watched how jimin was getting a bit too affectionate to jungkook while the younger just let the boy, albeit complaining at times. he supposed that the two close friends— if they are just actually friends, taehyung sarcastically thought— were finding jungkook's diary that he was keeping, but the brown-haired male wasn't sure if that's what they are really doing. jimin was continuously bugging the dark-haired boy by slinging his arm over the younger's shoulders numerous times and playing with his hair while jungkook tries his best to stop jimin. taehyung's gut did not stop twisting; rather, it got worse as the pair continued to act the way they are acting in front of him.

     his heart was burning with the fire of jealousy as the two of them left the library. he was left sitting there, fists tightly clenched and lips formed into a thin line. jimin already has yoongi, then why is he still after jungkook? they were the best of fucking friends ever since they were born, taehyung knew that, but do they really have to come out as sweet or something? the brunette gritted his teeth as the moments he saw earlier flashed in his mind.

      he gathered his things and left the library. whatever this was, he needs to cool it down, this irritable feeling he has whenever he would see jimin getting a bit too close to jungkook. he needs to kill it off, this freaking jealousy, if this was it. though he doesn't have any idea how to calm it down, he needs to do it. it's not just all about jungkook. it's concerning jimin, too. park jimin, one of the closest friends he has, and he cannot afford to lose one of the most reliable friends he had in his existence.

      taehyung walked off somewhere, hoping to relieve this jealousy thing inside his chest.

      everyone was having their lunch; the five of them— hoseok, namjoon, jimin, him and jungkook. he was situated between namjoon and hoseok, while on the other side was the shorter brunette and the black-haired lad. the rest of them were having fun aside from him, who ate silently as he glowered at the other brown-haired boy in their table who was continuously ruffling jungkook's hair, and maybe jungkook, who seemed to be annoyed at jimin but taehyung isn't so sure about that. the younger might look like he doesn't like it, but he wasn't even trying to remove his jimin-hyung's hand from his hair. taehyung's eyes twitched at what he's seeing, and he was sure that right now, a guest was eating with them, too. a guest that he'd name jealousy.

     he hated the way they act. he hated seeing jungkook being touched affectionately by a person that isn't him. he doesn't like how jimin seemed to forget what he felt for yoongi and he decided to play around with his own best friend. he doesn't like how jungkook seemed to be just fine with how his best friend act around him. but what he doesn't like the most is that he's feeling this way towards his friends, two of his closest friends. fuck jealousy. fuck his feelings. if it wasn't for those, he would've probably had a nice lunch with them. if he just decided to dismiss these thoughts earlier, he could've been talking happily with them, too.

      taehyung gripped his chopsticks tightly when another scene unfolded in front of him. his same-aged friend on the other side of the table slightly choked on something, and the youngest was quick in giving him assistance. maybe it's because he was the nearest one to him, but the second youngest in the group couldn't help but to feel irritated from all the interactions he had seen earlier. jungkook helped jimin with his drink, and taehyung could swear that if looks could just kill, he could've killed someone by now.