19.

from: jiminie-hyung
     dismissal, at the rooftop. don't forget.

to: jiminie-hyung
     okay. i'm on my way.

      jungkook kept his phone inside his bag and started his way to the rooftop. jimin called him last night saying that they need to talk, and sensing the urgency in his voice, it must be something important. jimin rarely gets that serious, and judging from the voice what they're going to talk about isn't something really good. the younger wasn't sure yet because this might be a prank his hyung was playing on him, but jimin wasn't the type of a person to pull off a prank on someone he knows is currently facing a problem right now, or even the type of a person to be a prankster. so jungkook felt a bit nervous about what might this be all about.

      he found the staircase leading to the rooftop and so after going up he opened the door and saw the brown-haired boy standing there, watching and gazing at the heights of the city. the younger boy slowly and carefully took steps towards the older lad, and joined him in observing how everything looked aesthetic under the vivid colors of the setting sky. it was a scenery beautiful for shooting images, and if wasn't for the serious atmosphere right now jungkook could have taken a shot. jimin finally noticed his presence and gave him a greeting.

"hey," a warm smile crept up on the shorter boy's face as jungkook felt his nervousness slowly dissipating at the sight. his heart was almost to the point of breaking his ribcage before his best friend had spoken up. "you're finally here."

"yeah. sorry to keep you waiting." he mumbled. jimin shook his head and smiled at him, like he's saying that it doesn't matter to him. seeing the older act a bit stranger than usual made jungkook feel antsy again. park jimin was being way too gentle to him. he's a gentle boy, he's kind and polite, but he never loses the playfulness when talking to jungkook.

something was off, jungkook can tell.

"it's fine. as long as you're here now. so yeah," the brunette trailed off, which made the younger of the two feel queasier. the elder seemed to be hesitant about what he was going to say, the firmness of his voice vanishing. jimin started fidgeting with his fingers, a gesture he does when he's finding the right words to say. "i need to tell you something. something really important."

"you've said that."

      the coffee-haired boy gulped and took a deep breath. jungkook sensed the tension and the nervousness in his hyung's action. what jimin will say must be something really serious, and the younger can't help but to feel anxious about that.

"i found him," the other finally said, gaze piercing right through the younger's eyes. questions immediately popped out in jungkook's curious mind as he pondered on what his best friend might be talking about. this must be something that has been bothering him for how many days, when he was always out of his mind and was always distracted. what jimin might be saying must be something serious that might be also concerning him. his heart raced as he listened to the older. "i found the one who stole your diary."

jungkook's mind tried to process what jimin had said.

but it all went blank hearing what his hyung had said next.

"and it was kim seokjin."

      he knocked on the door several times as he waited for someone to open it. his stomach was doing flips and his hands were a bit shaky as he was feeling so upset about everything. his mind was in a place where everything seemed to be a blurred picture, a puzzle where everything was so scattered that he doesn't know how to piece it all up. he can't wrap his head around the fact that it was seokjin who took it away. how could he be the one when he doesn't know a thing about it and when it's too inconvenient for him to get it? how the hell can he get a hold of it, when he's studying miles away from jungkook and when he already got his hands full of work?