I

I've probably made so many grammar mistakes but idgaf bc editing it at 2am. yeah. And it's got a really bad ending but like chapter two might be better.
.

There is nothing fun about working at Riki's on a Thursday night. A) because, the only people that ever come in here are senior citizens who take a long while to order and when they do, they only order some tea and oatmeal. But don't get me wrong: old people are adorable. B) you occasionally get a group that comes in that is loud and rowdy and upsets the seniors. C) birthdays. For some odd reason, a lot of birthdays have been happening on this day. And when it's someone's birthday here at Riki's, you gotta sing them "Happy Birthday" in the most enthusiastic voice ever. And the worst part about the birthdays, is when a little child comes in and we have to dress up in stupid costumes. What a joyous job I have. Am I right?

Thursdays at Riki's isn't always shitty and it's not always filled with old people and families. -Just ninety percent of the time- Sometimes people my age show up. And I try my best to avoid them at all cost. But, today, today, I can't avoid them.

And by them, I mean the group of boys that made reservations here. On a thursday. Nobody does that in this town. They all just sort of book a reservation for any other day because they know that Thursdays are bad days to be here.

Maybe these boys aren't from in town. Or maybe they are and they're just stupid, like ninety percent of the people my age in this town are. Whatever it is: them fuckers have me working an extra shift.

Randy, my beloved manager, told me that if I helped him with this part that I could have the next three thursdays off because he know how much I hate Thursday's here. And I reluctantly agreed to do it. So, now I am here. Standing tall, with the worlds most fake smile on my face. Showing a group of six or so boys to their table.

"The actual birthday boy will be here in a minute with our other pal." One of them says to me. And I try my hardest not to reply with, "You have a southern accent. I love you." So, I nod and reply with a smile and a simple "Alright."

I later learned his name was Harrison, and that the birthday boy's name was Asher. Who still had yet to arrive at his own birthday celebration. I also learned the names of the other four: Henry, Nate, Adam and Andrew. And that Asher was always late to events. I learned that Harrison thought I was gorgeous. They definitely aren't from around here.

Ten minutes later two very attractive boys walked in laughing about something that must have happened outside. They stopped laughing when I turned to face them. And then my eyes made contact with whom I assume must be the world's most attractive person.

"Um, Hi." He smiled. "I'm Asher and I think my friends booked a table here for my birthday?"

"Yeah, follow me." My voice had cracked when I said yeah. And I hope him and his friend didn't notice because that would be incredibly embarrassing and I'd never let myself forget the moment.

"Oh, by the way, this is Andrew. We're sorry we're late."

"It's your birthday, you don't have to apologize. And your friend's told me you guys would be late."

"Did they?"

"They did."

"I'm not always late you know? Like when I invite a girl on a date and stuff- I'm not always late." He stated. And I don't know why he was telling me this but I was listening to him.

"Oh, well that's good. Girls don't really like a guy to be late. Well, I personally don't care but- like, you know." Everything that was coming out of my mouth probably sounded complicated and stupid to him.

I was kind of glad when Andrew stepped in and started talking to Asher about what they were going to do after they left here.

"Look who finally joined us!" Harrison announced, standing up to give his friend a brotherly hug.

I kind of admired that he wasn't too manly for that type of stuff -and he didn't say "no homo" after- in public. It was really cute and it made my heart melt.

I wait for them to all quiet down before i recite the ever so cliché saying that waitresses and waiters say to a table. "Hi, I'm Finley. I'll be your waitress for tonight. Do you want to start with your drink orders?"

It was almost the same old routine -take order, serve the people. But this time, I had a table of boys with one -Asher- who kept eyeing my every move and would compliment me whenever I was at his table. And, I mean, I guess, I was a bit giddy and happy about but I didn't think it was anything because I wasn't going to see him after tonight. And then Asher grabbed my wrist on my walk back to the kitchen causing me to stumble a bit. Then, when he pulled me onto his lap though, I was confused and flustered because my boss was standing at the doorway of the kitchen and I was sitting on his customer's lap.

"What are you doing?" I asked him, my eyes still focused on Randy.

"I wanted to know when you get off work." His lips were really close to my ear and to be honest, I'm not sure what I felt about this situation. Like, I just met the guy and I'm sitting on his lap with his lips mere inches away from my face. And it wasn't like I've never dreamt of a really attractive guy pulling me onto his lap -because, I have- but, we were in public and I was his waitress and we've only known each other for a good forty-five minutes. But I'm still on his lap. I have made zero efforts to get off of him and he's shown no signs of him wanting me off.

"I get to leave when you and your friends leave, why?"

"You and I should talk."

"My mom told me not to go out with strangers at night."

"I'm not a stranger. You know my name and you know that it's my birthday. You know more about me than I do about you." He stated. And he was right but, I wasn't going to go out with him.

"You are correct. But I'm declining thy offer." I told him. I was facing him now and I wanted to cry because his face was so perfect.

"Thy?" He smiled.

"Thy." I said.

"Thy shall come out with me and my friends after she serves us."

I told him, "Maybe."

But that maybe turned into a no because I realized I was tired. He made me give him his number though and made me promise to text him tomorrow. Harrison gave me his number too and told me that I should call him and I said okay.

I don't think I'm going to do any of those things I promised Asher or a said okay to doing anytime soon.