VIII

(UNEDITED BTW BC HELLA LAZY)

Asher: knock knock

Me: knock knock

Asher: no, you say who's there duh

Me: oh yah. who's there

Asher: etch

Me: etch who

Asher: bless you

I stared at him unamused. (That was a horrible joke.) "Why are you texting me stupid knock knock jokes when I'm right beside you," I asked.

"Because you haven't said a word and I'm bored," he paused. "By the way, it isn't 'Knock Knock' it's 'Who's there?'"

"Yes, well, you caught me off guard. I was playing the Kim Kardashian game," I said holding up my phone screen.

"Stop playing it and cuddle me."

"I am."

"No, properly. And put a movie on too," he pouted. Asher was being extra playful today. (And not that I'm complaining but I really just wanted to get to the A-list on the Kim K game)

"The power's out, remember?"

"Yes," he sighed. "Read me a book."

"It's dark."

"Use your phone."

I sighed, exiting the Kim K game to go into my ibooks library. "Alright, what do you want to read?"

He took my phone out of my grasp and scrolled through my library. "Fifty shades?" he questions. I could hear the smirk in his voice.

"It's a decent book, okay."

It's actually very enjoyable once you get past all the sex.

"Not judging," he says. He pauses his thumb before clicking a book and handing my phone back to me.

I look at the title, Eleanor & Park. Interesting. I changed the position we were laying in. My head was now on his chest, and our legs entangled with each other. I made sure my phone's screen was visible to the both of us before I began reading the book.

We were in the middle of the fifth chapter when Asher said, "I like your voice. It's cute."

"Um, thank you."

"I also like you," he added in.

Thankfully, he couldn't see the grin on my face. "I like you too, Asher Beckett."

I felt him kiss the top of my head. I continued reading to him until I realized that he fell asleep. I joined him shortly after. When I woke up the lights were back on and I could hear talking coming from outside my room.

I removed myself from Asher's hold and got off him to go see what all the chatter was. When I walked out into the living room, Signe, Audette and Michael where all seated on the couches. They stopped talking when I sat down.

"Shady," I muttered.

"So?" Signe piqued.

"So what?"

"What went on in there?" Michael questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"Nothing, we read and took a nap."

"Aw, y'all are so cute," Audette said.

I rolled my eyes at them. I got up to go back into my room because I was done with this conversation. Asher was still asleep when I went back to my room and I took that precious moment to take pictures of him. Ones I could use for black mailing purposes.

I put my right leg on the opposite side of him, so I was straddling him. When I went to take the picture my flash went off causing me to squeal wake Asher up.

"I could really get used to this position," he smirked.

"Too bad I'm getting off now."

"But I want to make out with you," he said, sitting up. "Please."

If I wasn't still sitting on his lap, and half asleep, I would have said "no, maybe next time". Instead I pulled him closer and attached our lips together.

(a/n: i had such a fucking great thing written here but ducking wattpad being a little bitch deleted it.)

I get so exhilarated whenever Asher decides to kiss me. I know it sounds stupid, but do you ever just kiss someone you're so infatuated with and your mind just starts doing it's best to remember the kiss because it's almost so surreal. And then you're there holding onto the person trying to pull them closer to you because you're so in love or you're just so infatuated with them you don't want to let it go because if you let go it all seems like a big dream.

But sometimes that dream gets spoiled when a teary-eyed Signe opens your door and says, "Fuck, Finley, I need your help."

(a/n: fricken cheesy af VOTE AND COMMENT OKAY!! Sorry ITS HELLA SHORT MAN)