March 14th

Aftermath day. This is a dream. It has to be a dream. I'm going to get up and find my parents safe and sound in their bed. I'm gonna yell at Khloe for always taking forever in the shower, and my mom is going to insist we all sit down and get along.

I looked over and it was just me in my room. No Khloe, and no sign of Kelli. I didn't hear any movement from downstairs. I looked at my arms and saw black and purple casts. Reality set back in. I didn't cry, because my thoughts were numb and in denial. I lifted up my leg that had stitches from the gash in my inner thigh, I reached down and touched them. They felt so weird. I tried to get myself out of bed by holding on to my nightstand, and I had success. I'm pretty sure I smelled as bad as I felt, but I didn't know how to shower with the casts and stitches. 

I went to use the bathroom, and suddenly I started panicking! I was still bleeding from somewhere, and just didn't know where. I didn't know what to do either. There was blood everywhere, on my shorts, and down my leg. I should've asked for help, but I didn't want to. I got up and left the mess there. I walked back in my room and put on thicker sweat pants. They were black, so the blood wouldn't show through.

I tried to go downstairs to see where everyone was, and then I saw Khloe walk through the door. I didn't want to be anywhere near her so I went back upstairs and listened from the top step.

"Hey guys, where is everyone?" "Mom? Dad? Hello!" Khloe asked.

"Oh sorry Khlo, hey sit down we have to talk," Kelli said.

"Good because I have a lot to say too, but you cant tell mom, please don't tell mom Kel, I'll be in so much trouble," Khloe interrupted her.

Kelli began to cry while she spit out the words "MOM AND DAD HAD AN ACCIDENT" to Khloe. Kelli didnt know what else to say, and Khloe didnt know what to believe as Kelli explained the accident.

"Where's Hailey? Did she make it out alive?" Khloe asked.

"Yeah, she's upstairs," Kelli said. "She's in a lot of pain, I want you to leave her alone."

"Okay," Khloe said as she was walking away.

"Khloe, do you want to talk about it?" Kelli said.

"I don't have any thoughts right now, I'm just gonna go to the bathroom," Khloe responded.

I was back in bed when Khloe came in the room. She walked over to me and said "You look like hell, what happened?" 
I ignored her, and closed my eyes. Kelli came upstairs a few seconds later. She knocked on our door, and stared at us like we were helpless.

"You need to shower....You're all dirty and I have to wrap your casts," Kelli explained.

"Do I have to take one now?" I asked.

"HAILEY YOU GOT BLOOD ALL OVER THE TOLIET SEAT!!" Khloe shouted.

Khloe came rushing out of the bathroom demanding to know why.

"It's sick!" Khloe said. She looked at me like I was supposed to apologize. I had my face down, and it quickly turned bright red, I looked up to see if the awkwardness was gone and I saw Khloe's brown eyes piercing my eyes.

"Why is there blood on the toilet seat?" Kelli asked me in a calm voice.

"Well...answer her!!" Khloe demanded.

"Why does everyone keep asking me questions, just leave me alone!" I said, burying my face in my blanket.

"Hailey, relax," Kelli said with sincerity.

I was pissed off with all their questioning. Kelli stared at me expecting me to say something more. What did she want from me!

"One of my scabs came off and I couldn't figure out how to wipe it off with these casts, so I just kinda had to leave it and let it bleed," I lied to cover up the truth. I knew where the blood was coming from, but I was in denial. This moment was supposed to happen with my mom.