The Truth Hurts

Thirty minutes had passed, and I had gone down to the living room to try and take my mind off recent events that happened in the kitchen.

"Hey punk," Kelli said, as she sat down. I secretly loved it when she called me a punk, I was the only one she called that.

"Do you wanna talk?" Kelli asked.

"NO," I said with anger, and turned up the volume on the tv.

"Okay I'll be around to talk about what happened earlier, because we will talk about this," She said, casually. I was too embarrassed to admit anything in that moment.

"Wait! Please Kel wait......" I said.

Kelli folded her arms, and squinted her eyes. "Wait for what?" She seemed annoyed, which was completely understandable.

"You don't know what it's like to be the one blamed for killing mom and dad," I said.

"Don't you dare give me that excuse. They died, there was nothing you could do to stop it. So stop blaming yourself, and for two seconds think about the rest of us, and how we feel about losing our parents, you're not the only one suffering!" Kelli slowly raised her voice.

She left the living room as quickly as she entered. She was mad.

I turned off the tv and went upstairs to Khloe and I's room. The lights were off, as well as the doors to my room, and bathroom. This was the beginning of no secrets for us.

I stumbled my way to the bathroom, tripping over Khloe's shoes. I heard a noise to my right, and when I looked over I saw Khloe hiding under her bed.

"What are you doing under there?" I asked as I threw her shoe at her. She didn't react, which meant she was still pissed. I heard her pathetic wimpers, and started to believe she was really hurt by what I said about her.

"I'm sorry," I said, unapologetically.

"Shut up!" Khloe rolled out from underneath the bed, and I quickly stood up with her. She wiped her eyes with her sleeve, and pushed past me to go into the bathroom. We didn't have a door, but we had a closet door. She opened it, and found a space, and crawled into it.
"Seriously, leave me alone!" She yelled.

"Well I'm going to the bathroom, so don't come out!" I shouted back.

No reponse. I grabbed a magazine, since I had no phone to keep me  entertained.

"Hailey?" I heard my name coming from the bathroom closet.

"Yeah Khlo?"

"Can you bring me my pillow, and blanket?" Khloe asked.

"I'm on the toilet..." There was an awkward silence. Then I heard a creak. She was coming out of the closet. Khloe opened the door. She ran her hands through her hair like she was stressed out. I was still on the toilet. She sat down on the edge of the bathtub and stared at me. I closed my legs so my knees were touching, and tried to cover my butt with my shirt.

"Why did you have to tell Kayden and everyone all that stuff about me? Don't you think I feel guilty enough about what I did!?" Khloe asked.

I sat in wonder, and embarrassment. She cornered me, she literally cornered me on the toilet.

"Khloe. I'm sorry," I said.

"Shut up!" "I don't want to hear you talk anymore. You're so annoying." Khloe said as she got up and left the bathroom.

Didn't she just ask me a question! Doesn't she want a response?