Sex.....Maybe.....Ice Cream?

2 weeks had gone by, the funeral was over, my extended family had gone home. Since we lived in Alabama, we had no close relatives. My dads side of the family was from California and my moms side from Utah. They had a long trip home, so they wasted no time when leaving us. Another social worker was stopping by tonight to discuss custody over Hannah, Khloe and me. After we realized none of our family members wanted us, we had to see what our options were.

"Hailey what are you wearing tonight?" Khloe asked me.

"I don't know, probably whatever is clean," I said sarcastically. I went looking through our closet to find something. Shirt after shirt, I had no luck. I went to my dresser, and checked the drawers. I opened the second one and fished around for some color and what I found was shiny, and squared.

"Her pleasure? What the? Khloe what are these?" I asked.

"Oh my god, give me those!"

"What are they?" I asked.

"Uh, none of your business that's what!"

"Fine. Kayden!!" I shouted.

"Fine! Ugh! They're condoms," she explained.

What the heck were condoms? Something told me not to ask any further questions. 

"You don't know what I'm talking about do you?" She asked.

"Not really" I added. But I was good at putting the clues together. 

"Nevermind," Khloe said. "Just don't tell what you saw, please," Khloe begged.

"Don't tell what?" Kayden asked as he walked in our room. "Tell me the secret, I wanna know?" Kayden said in a joking way. I had to think of something fast or else he would continue to question us.

"I, uh, It's just that I have a lot of questions about puberty," I said, awkwardly saying that word. What was I thinking, I never cover for Khloe nor do I admit that I have questions about puberty!

"Okay, let's hear it," Kayd said so confidently.

"No!" I quickly said. "I mean I'll just wait and see what happens I guess?" 

"Hails, if something is wrong you can tell me or anyone in this family really, I know a lot about girl stuff because I've had to study it when getting my nursing license," he said. I was waiting for Khloe to jump in at any time and stop me from making a fool of myself, but she watched as I struggled.

"Okay Kayd you can leave now, I'm good," I said and Kayden left the room.

"Thanks Hailey for doing that," Khloe said with the most sincere voice.

"Dont worry, I'll keep your secret," I said.

"Are you having sex?" I blurted out. I was very curious. I didn't know what condoms were, but I knew they had something to do with sex.

"What?? Hailey I'm not having sex!"

"Isn't that what these wrapper things are for, you use them for you know, doing it.

".....ew I'm not talking about this with you," Khloe said with frustration.

"Why?" I kept asking.

"Hailey, stop!" Khloe told me.

"Khloe I need to know these things, if not I feel dumb at school?" I boldly said. 

She looked like she was going to stab me, then kill me. I had gone too far with the questions.

"A guy named Wes, we kinda did stuff, but that's all I'm telling you, and if you tell, I will kill you in your sleep! Got that?" Khloe said with a straight face. Hannah walked in the second Khloe said the word sleep. It made me wonder if she heard our conversation. Hannah was very sneaky.

"Hey do you guys want to get some ice cream?" She asked us.

"Yeah dude," I said in a boy voice.

"Seriously Hailey, you're a girl, stop acting like a dude....I mean you started your period and everything, it's time you grow up!" Hannah said.

"Hannah!" I gasped in an embarrassing tone.

"YOU STARTED YOUR PERIOD.....BEFORE ME!!!" Khloe said in shock.

I couldn't tell if she was excited or mad.

"You weren't supposed to get it before me," She said, sadly.

"What about ice cream!?" Hannah said.

"Forget ice cream!" I said loudly.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Khloe asked mad and upset.

"I didn't really tell anyone, Kelli did," I said.

"Does anyone want to go get ice cream with me?" Hannah asked again.

"No, I suddenly don't want to hang out with either of you anymore," Khloe rudely said.

"Seriously!" Hannah said. "It's just a period, what's the big deal."

It wasn't a big deal. I wished they would just drop it. Khloe left the room, I walked into the bathroom and locked it, and Hannah took the hint that none of us wanted to go get ice cream with her.