Jonghyun & Dami

Dedicated to jiminswoman
I am so sorry this took so long for me to write. I hope it was worth the wait
______________________________________________

Childhood Sweethearts w/ Jonghyun
__________________________________________________________
Jonghyun sat beside his best friend and crush as the two playfully elbowed each other, trying to make the other make a mistake so that they could win the game. The two had the usual bet going, whomever lost had to do whatever the winner said for the rest of the day, and neither one of them wanted to lose.

"Give up and die, Oppa," Dami growled playfully, nudging Jonghyun in his rib and causing him to squirm.

"Do you really want Oppa to die," he asked with sadness etched in his voice. Dami bit her lip nervously, not sure if he was trying to throw her off her game or if he was being serious. Dami shook her head, taking her eyes off of the game to look at Jonghyun. The minute her eyes looked over his face, she saw the smug grin plastered where a pouty lip should be, and ears filled with a triumphant roar of satisfaction.

Her eyes shot to the television screen to find he had beaten her and was now the winner of their bet. Which meant she had to do whatever he wanted her to. "Ya! No fair, Oppa! You cheated!" In the blink of an eye, his expression went from triumphant to that of a hurt puppy.

"I didn't cheat. I never made you turn your head to look at me." Dami groaned. He was right, but she wasn't going to admit it. At least not right now. "Anyway, you loose so you have to do what I say, right?" Dami nodded in defeat. There was no use arguing because he would turn on his puppy pout and she would be putty in his hands. 

Smiling triumphantly, Jonghyun posted as if he were thinking,  before his face turned pink. Dami raised a curious eyebrow and waited nervously. "Okay, I've got it." Leaning over so that there was little room, Jonghyun responded with, "You have to go on a date with me tonight."

Taken back by his odd idea, Dami licked her dry lips, hoping to avoid anything awkward between them. After all, they had been friends since childhood. "A date?" Wanting to pretend that this was no big deal, Dami smiled. "Sure. Pick me up at six." Jonghyun looked rather pleased as the two went about playing their game before Dami went home.

When six o'clock came that night, Dami walked to the door dressed in her favorite skirt and blouse, her hair fixed up and her teeth freshly brushed. Looking at the mirror, she checked to make sure the little make-up she had put on wasn't too much before opening the door to find Jonghyun standing in the door way with a single white rose. Dami blushed as he smiled wide. "Neoneun aleumdawo, Dami." His words brought a darker blush to her face as she accepted the flower.

"Thank you, Oppa. You look really nice too." Dami kicked herself mentally as she scolded herself. 'Really nice is an understatement, pabo! He look so hot!' His face turned just as Scarlett as her own as he looked down bashfully.

"Ready to go?" Holding out his hand, Dami slipped her smaller one into his and the two left on their date.

The two walked through the park, eating hotteok as they enjoyed each other's company. "Are you disappointed?" Dami looked up from her deep fried dumpling to find Jonghyun looking rather disappointed.

"I'm not disappointed, Oppa." He glanced at her as if unsure if he believed her or not. "To be honest, I'm really enjoying myself with you." Smiling at her joy, Jonghyun decided to do what he had planned on doing all afternoon. Reaching out, he touched her hand, stopping her from walking further. She looked up at the taller boy and swallowed a lump that was beginning to form in her throat.

"I've liked you since we were kids, Dami, but I've always been to shy to tell you. So from now on, I want you to be by my side always. Not just as a friend, but as my girlfriend."

Dami stood there in shocked happiness as she listened to her best friend confess his love for her. The whole time she felt as if her heart we're going to beat right out of her chest. "I feel the same way, Oppa, but I didn't want to ruin our friendship by telling you and possibly being rejected." The two laughed at how silly they had been before Jonghyun leaned over and planted a soft kiss upon her lips. Linking her arm with his, the two continued on their walk, enjoying each other's company, and basking in their new found relationship.