Chapter 18

You and Kageyama continued your awkward practice session, with you occasionally stammering and Kageyama blushing, but you two would focus when it comes to the ball. Kageyama was about to set again, you were preparing yourself and as he set the ball, you immediately jump and was about to spike when a tall figure came into view, surprising you to the point you fell down and lost your balance.

"Oof–" As you brace for impact, you felt another presence behind you and catched you just in time.

You slowly whipped your head towards the person who saved you, (e/c) eyes met dark blue ones.

And it seems... You two were lost at each others eyes again...

"Lev! For the love of God please don't bother Kageyama-kun and (l/n)-san" A loud voice snapped you two from reality.

With red faces, you quickly jumped from his embrace...

And you longed for it.

"Are you alright?" He asked, his eyes holding sincerity and concern.

"Yeah... Thanks for catching me" You genuinely smile at him.

"I'm so sorry for Lev's behavior (l/n)-san" Yaku spoke behind you.

"Oh that's quite alright. It just caught me by surprise that's all. Spiking would be a lot more interesting with a blocker though" You said, relieving Lev and Yaku that you weren't mad.

"You wouldn't mind if I join in?" Suggested Lev, you and Kageyama shared looks before agreeing that he can help.

"(l/n)-san can you help me improve my spiking?" Asked the silver haired male.

"Sure thing! That's what I'm here for" You winked at him before picking up a ball. Lev blush furiously while Kageyama felt something stir in his chest.

Anger... And a hint of pain...

Jealousy perhaps?

And he felt... He was falling into the void of insecurities once more...

She doesn't want you.

"Kageyama?" He was snapped out of his thoughts by you, your face showing genuine concern.

"D-did you want something (l/n)-san?" He changed his demeanour, as if he doesn't want to talk to her... Not now at least...

"I was just saying that Lev is gonna hit your toss while I block him" You suggested, Kageyama simply nodded and turn away from you.

"Something wrong Kageyama? I can spike the ball and Lev could–"

"It's fine (l/n)-san, let's just continue" Said Kageyama bluntly, deciding to brush his change of behavior you head to the other side of the court and waited for Kageyama to set the ball.

And as he set it, Lev immediately rushed towards it to spike the ball, but it landed on his head instead of your side of the court.

"Lev... You lack timing. You rush things" You started.

"Match the setters timing Lev, the ball wont go in if you two don't sync. It's like singing for example, let's say a duet. If one is out of melody, the song wouldn't be pleasing to the ears now would it?" Lev nodded his head, as he and Kageyama listened to your explanation.

"That same goes to volleyball, if you don't synchronise with your team the flow would be off key" You made your way to the other side of the court and tossed the ball to Kageyama.