Chapter 23

"(l/n)-san you're serving" Akaashi reminded you, who was busy trying to calm yourself down cause this was your first match with Kageyama in your team.

"(l/n)-san?" Akaashi called again.

"Huh wha- Oh yeah I'm serving" You sheepishly smiled and scratch the back of your nape, as you grabbed the ball into.

"Get your head out of the clouds (l/n) cause you're about to lose" Kuroo remarked, provoking you once more. Aside from Tsukishima, he really knows how to push your buttons.

"Don't make me laugh Kuroo, remember last time?" You smirked and he snarled at you.

"What happened last time?" Bokuto piped in.

"You gonna tell them or should I?" You threatened, your smug smile ticking him off even more. If he knows how to push your buttons so do you.

"Doesn't matter" He growled. "Let's just play the game"

You smiled in victory, satisfied that you had manage to tick him off. Turning away from them, you head to the corner of the court whilst dribbling the ball for a little bit.

Breathe...

Your team consisted of Hinata, Kageyama, You, and Lev while the opposing team was Kuroo, Akaashi, Tsukishima and Bokuto.

Tossing the ball up, you decided to not use full force this time to not damage someone's arm along with yours, but your timing was off, ironically enough as you were just advising Lev about timing a few chapters ago, causing for the ball to hit Kageyama's head instead of landing on the other side of the court.

Oh shit.

Everyone apart from Kuroo was quiet. You were stiff like a statue, your eyes glued on Kageyama. With shaky steps, you approached the teen, scared.

"I'm so sorry" Was all you have to say. You were so lost at words right now, too embarrassed and scared to even say another word.

Way to throw your chances with him (f/n)

"That's alright, listen to Kuroo-san. Keep your head out of the clouds" You could only nod as a response, his approached towards you wasn't the usual calm and awkward approached.

It was cold and sort of distant...

It hurt you to say the least, what did you do that made him hate you?

Kageyama passed by you, not even sparing you a glance before readying himself. Kuroo who was laughing at you a second ago, noticed the awkward tension and cleared his throat.

"Let's continue our game shall we?" Kuroo broke the ice, thankfully.

This should be an interesting night...

. . .

You were overthinking again...

You can't sleep... How could you though?

You were confuse...

"Just when I really like someone, they just had to hate me" You mumble to yourself and sat up straight in your bed, contemplating whether you should go out or not.

The match?

With sheer luck your mini team won, thankfully because you really didn't want to deal with Kuroo's smug ass, and bonus to what happened tonight, Kuroo and Kageyama gave you some stern advices about blocking.

Which it helped due to how intimidating the two was.

. .

And now here you are silently tip toeing towards the door careful not to wake Kiyoko and Yatchi, who were sleeping peacefully. As you successfully made it to the door, you quickly head outside the building and unto a tree that was apparently near the building you were staying in.