Chapter 9

Jin's POV

"Jinnie?! Sweetie come help me set the table!" My mom calls out, I grumble making my way down towards the kitchen to find my mom finishing off any last minute things.

"Where's appa?"

"Here!" My dad shouts out as he comes into view through the large archway that leads off into the dining room. I walk over to one of the bar stools, placing my chin on top of the head rest while pouting up at my parents.

"Did you really have to invite him?"

"Kim Seokjin! Stop being so rude, I didn't bring you up to have such an attitude towards someone who's helping you!" My dad says sternly, crossing his arms over his chest.

"But-" he cuts me off,

"-Jin." He warns, dragging out my name just as the door goes.

"Coming!" My mom shouts, shoving me towards the entrance.

"Quick! Go greet him!" She squeals in a hush tone,

"Eomma! Stop it! No, I'm not doing it." I whine trying to get out of her grasp but this woman is hella strong.

"Alright." I grumble while she quickly runs off giggling. I roll my eyes before turning and opening the door by the handle.

"Helloooo." The tall boy grins stupidly, I blink taking in his smart appearance yet his attitude seemed...

Off?

"Yeah. Hi?" I spin away expecting him to follow behind me.

"Wait!" He calls out, I look back with a confused expression till he comes waddling close to me, his hand reaching out to hold my hand.

"What the hell are you doing?!" I hiss, retreating my hand away from his grasp. He pouts,

"Hold my hand." He squeaks, his eyes appearing larger and more innocent as he opens and closes his hand at me to grab. I scoff, glancing away,

Did my heart suddenly start racing there?

Of course not! Not for this guy.

"Please."

"No."

"Pretty please."

"No."

"Pretty please with a cherry on top." He grins showing off his cute dimples. I stare at him before looking away, a small blush making it's way onto my cheeks while grumbling, "you can hold my sleeve." Under my breath.

The boy cheers before grabbing the thin material of my pink shirt between his finger and thumb.

We make our way inside the dining room to find my parents both seated at either ends of the dining table. My mom notices the small grip Namjoon has on me and a smirk begins to form on her lips.

"Namjoon! It's great to see you." Mom turns her smirk into a sweet smile when speaking to the younger boy who in return grins.

I take my seat at the table while Namjoon sits on the opposite side of me. I hold in a groan knowing that I will need to stare at him throughout the full of dinner. The blonde haired boy comfortably sits on the chair, grinning from ear to ear as we begin to tuck into our food.

"So Namjoon..." My dad trails off watch as the boy devours his food. Namjoon hums in response, looking up to see dad staring at him.

"How's Jin's studying coming along? Good I hope?" He chuckles, Namjoon gulps down the food that was in his mouth before nodding.

"Yeah, he's doing great!" Namjoon smiles cutely over at me and I glance away from him, annoyed that he's making me feel weird. Suddenly he starts stroking his hands over the table cloth before rubbing his face on it.

"It's so soft." He moans out causing my parents to choke on their food,

"I'm sorry, what?" Mom nervously laughs at the strange boy. It's when he starts licking the table and the legs of the table that my parents become more concerned. I hold back a laugh at how stupid he looks.

"Woof woof!" He barks aloud, crawling around the floor on all fours like an idiot. He suddenly shuffles off into the kitchen, still on the ground. Mom looks back at both Dad and I in a mixture of confusion and horror.

"Oh dear! I think he might be sick!" My mom worries, getting to her feet but I stop her,

"Let me deal with him." I suggest, needing to confirm my suspicion on his current behaviour. My parents nod, continuing on with their meal. I stroll through the archway that takes me into the kitchen. At the far end of the room I spot Namjoon on the ground talking to what looks to be my mom's favourite starfish ornament that was placed on the windowsill.

What the hell is he doing?

"I know, I know." He nods still staring intensely at the small pink starfish in his grasp.

"Hmm. No, I know it's sad that mayonnaise isn't an instrument."

Is he quoting Spongebob?

I tiptoe close to him, taking in his bloodshot eyes once he spots me closing in on him,

Yup I knew it!

"Jinnie hyung!" He pounces on me, knocking me down on the ground. I groan in pain before shoving him off, I stand trying to help him up.

He gasps, "I CAN STAND!!! ITS A MIRACLE!!" He shouts loudly while I cover his lips to muffle his words so that my parents can't hear him properly.

I can feel him smiling underneath my palm, "I lubv yoooou."

I glare at him, helping him towards the stairs,

Might as well let him sleep it off and just lie to my parents saying he's sick.

We reach the bottom of the stairs when he all of a sudden gains enough strength to grab onto my wrists, pressing me up against the hard wall. My eyes widen at his unexpected movements while he leans in, our lips inches away from each other.

"I-Namjoon? W-what are you d-doing?" I question the nerdy boy with a stutter, unable to hide my surprise.

His pink lips are so close now I can practically feel the softness off them.

"JIN?!" I hear my mom making her way towards us as I'm still pressed up against the wall and Namjoon still holding onto both of my wrists above my head with his knee in-between my thighs.

FUCK!!