Chapter-2

''Hey folks, I have a surprise for you.'' Tarun announced gleefully hopping down the stairs. He made his way to the dinning area where his mother was busy arranging the table for dinner. Throwing her his arms around her from behind he placed a peck on her cheek making Devyani groan, ''Now for what you are trying to bribe me.''

''That was hurtful!  You broke my heart beautiful.'' Tarun replied in a pained voice. Devyani slapped his arm, pushing it off her shoulder. She went about doing her job when he again blocked her path, ''What's this?'' She asked when he lifted a piece of paper to her face.

''Its a ticket. We are going for a family holiday to Shimla'' He announced in an excited voice. But Devyani's  not so excited response made him frown. ''Mom aren't you excited?''

''Why did you chose Shimla?''

''Because its beautiful'' He replied with a shrug

''beauty is all that you care, did you even think about your dad's breathing issue. You know hill stations don't suit him. You could have thought of something better.''

''Mom, I checked with dad he said it's fine. What say dad?'' Jatin gave his acceptance with a smile

''Good then ! Have dinner I have clean the table up.'' Though it was a very small thing but she felt Tarun's obsession with beauty and everything good in looks was making him selfish. Her thoughts took her back to the past. Since the day he was born, relative friends had all praises for him. Devyani made sure she never praised him, she treated him like a normal guy and motivated him to do good. But there were others who seemed smitten by her good looking son. As he grew his attraction grew with him, people got pulled to him like a magnet and her teachings started fading away. Like any other human he started enjoying attention, his priorities choices started changing. The only good relation he had was Praveen his friend from kindergarten, and she was glad for that. Praveen kept him in check, her eyes went to Father son duo happily chatting. She wished for a good life partner for him. A girl who wouldn't swoon over his looks but someone who would boldly face him and make him look at his own flaws and mistakes. 

''Mom, we leave tomorrow morning. I have booked a sedan for all of us.'' He got up after the  and placed a peck on his parents forehead, wishing them for the night. Devyani took a deep breath, she silently made a prayer to the all mighty to bless her son with some sense.

***

Arun smiled wide after deboarding the vehicle which drove them from the Railway station to the resort. ''Like it dad?'' Kajal asked wrapping an arm around his shoulder. 

''Why wouldn't I, after all my daughter chose the place.'' She shook her dad, her dad never left a single chance to praise her. She took all with a smile, never letting things get on to her head. She helped the bell boy who seemed dwindling like a pendulum after lifting the luggage. The bell boy smiled at his empathetic guest leading her parents to the assigned cottage as she completed the formalities. She smiled at the receptionist making her way to the cottage. She  walked through the lawn enjoying the nature's beauty when  a crowd attracted her attention and curiosity took her steps to it . Her eyes widen realising that there was a middle age man gasping for breath as other stood hovering over him, ''Move back, let him breathe.'' She turned her eyes to the man, ''Uncle, you need to relax. Nothing is going to happen okay.'' She kept the eye contact loosing his jacket and shirt buttons.  ''Do you have an inhale?.'' He nodded pointing towards a small bag, she quickly pulled it out and helped him with it. ''How do you feel now?''

Jatin patted her cheek, ''Better, thanks.''

''Cold weather doesn't suit you?'' She asked helping him up. He nodded, ''I think its more or less in my head. Plus my wife had pushed me to wear these 4 layers of clothing.'' Kajal smiled and walked him to his cottage, ''I didn't get you name''