Chapter-13

''What are you doing here this early ?'' Tarun asked Sejal who stood at his door with a remorseful expression.

''Wouldn't you allow me in?'' She made a puppy face . Tarun moved aside making way for her to step in. She smiled sweetly at him stepping into his apartment. She looked around appreciatively , ''Your parents gave you a beautiful place. So unlucky of Kajal.''

''Its a gift from our parents, this house belongs to Kajal equally.'' He made sure to stress on each word. Sejal gave an artificial smile pushing herself on to the couch.

''What would like to have, tea or coffee?'' Tarun asked for courtesy sake

'' Ah nothing, I am avoiding sugar. I came here to talk to you, about all what happened.''

''What about that?'' Tarun asked calm

''Tarun we are extremely sorry about what happened in Goa. I know we were rude but Kajal too was at fault, she shouldn't have walked off that way. I mean who insults a husband that way. I would have never done that. She is lucky to have you, otherwise she is nothing compared to you.'' She batted her lashes, placing her palm on to his knee

Tarun leaned back moving her palm away, ''I am getting late for work, if you are done the please leave.''

Sejal was shocked , Tarun had never been rude to her before. ''You are asking me to leave.''

''Yes, and what's wrong in that. I have to leave for work and you too don't have anything important to say.''

''I came here to apologise, even when I never wanted to. I don't feel a bit ashamed of my words I used for your snooty wife. Yet, I came for you because I care for you.''

''If you really did, you would have thought about my wife too, you came here to apologise yet you kept pointing fingers at her in her absence. Please leave.''

''Answer this Tarun, what made you and your mother chose her over me? She isn't pretty or rich like me.'' Sejal finally let out the question that bothered her since she met Kajal.

''Simple, you were never my choice and the way you expressed yourself today, I am glad I chose her over you.'' With that he got up and pulled open the door ending any kind of conversation.

''One day you will know what you lost.'' She threw words at him walking away. He closed the door and walked back into his room least affected by her words. But he was glad he turned her down, Praveen was right Sejal's beautiful face had a venomous heart. He missed Kajal all the way more. Today he actually saw the real face of Sejal, she had always been sweet and extra caring around him, which was just a facade where as Kajal for honest beyond limits, she would appear rude but she would never twist her words. She spoke her heart, he smiled. He missed being scolded by her.

Traun picked up his phone and dialled her number, she answered in 2 rings, ''Tarun, all good?''

''No, but manageable.'' He replied calm

She smiled, ''Any reason you called?''

''Yes , I was missing you.'' Kajal heart skipped a beat. She just stayed silent letting him add further, ''I was missing you scolding me about various things, could you please do that now.''

''Tarun you are crazy. '' She chuckled. He joined the laughter and then there was a moment of silence, ''I am sorry Kajal. I am sorry I made you feel miserable.''

''Tarun, I know my decision is childish for many but please understand it's about myself respect. I can't be with someone who if given a chance would have never chosen me. You are not a bad guy, may be we are not good enough for each other.''