Chapter-15

Kajal chose a knee length sleeveless A line dress for Robin's party. She checked her appearance in the mirror once before walking out. ''By what time you will be back.'' Her mother asked

''I will just stay there for an hour.'' She replied looking at her watch

The place wasn't far from her house. She had even celebrated her birthday with her friends. She smiled at the memory, she still remembered how Tarun had startled her in the parking. Kajal shook her head, off lately all her thoughts were running back to Tarun eveeytime. She pressed her lips to control the dreamy smile that waited to stretch on her lips. She was looking forward to Praveen's engagement party next week, she had decided to give him a chance and wanted to give her 100 percent to the effort.

''Welcome Kajal!'' Robin greeted Kajal with over excitement , making her frown. He led her to party area placing his palm on the small of her back. She removed it instantly, ''I don't prefer that Robin.'' She made it very clear with her piercing gaze. Robin lifted his palms in apology, gesturing her towards the area reserved for the party. 'This is what I love most about you, you never pretend' Robin thought, smiling to himself.

Kajal walked off swiftly, she greeted the familiar faces with a heart warming smile. ''I didn't get the occasion for the party.'' She questioned the people around

''So did we! Who cares, if I get to party.'' Replied one of the girls, she already was high on drinks.

''Robin, will you answer that?'' She looked straight at him. He smiled , picked up his drink and walked slowly in her direction, his eyes locked with her. He took the chair next to her making her flinch. Sometjing about his body languange was making her uncomfortable , ''Just say that I am too happy.'' He said with a dreamy smile.

''About what?'' That came collective from everyone

''I was in love with a girl for past two years but couldn't gather the strength to confess. Then I lost her, I was devastated. Few days back, I realised it was just a bad dream I still had a chance to win her.''

The people around him applauded and gave him their best wishes, ''So, I would like to know your opinion about me,all of you.'' Kajal shook her head, as one by one everybody started singing heaps of praises in support of Robin and why not, they worked for him. They were bound to keep him happy. She suddenly found Robin too stupid to be her friend, she wanted to laugh on his trick was public applaud.

''Your turn Kajal.'' Robin pointed out

She kept her glass down, ''Well, I just know you as business associate. So I am going to mark you on that. '' Robin's face fell. After a minute she added, ''You are a sharp business man who knows how to get his profit. But you at times forget that not whole world is working under you. In my opinion you should refrain from commenting on people's person decision and lives.'' Her statement bought pin drop silence, only few sounds from people could be hears who were trying to draw their drinks from empty glasses using at straw.

''Do you think I can be a good husband?'' Robin asked straight

''I am no one to comment on that. As a generalized opinion, falling in love and loving in marriage are two different things. '' She replied without a trace of fear.

''That's what I like about you, just plain honest.'' Robin tried to appear relaxed, he wasn't. He had plans to impress her with his qualities and popularity but his trick fell flat on face.

''So, when are you proposing her?'' Asked one of his female subordinate.

''The day she gets rid of the shit in her life, I am waiting and hoping it to happen soon.'' He replied, his teeth clenched and eyes on Kajal. That sentence made Kajal look at him, he quickly averted his gaze. She didn't like the tone of it, ''You should be sure about her feelings too. I guess right time for the party would have been when you invited us with her.''