Chapter 16: Life Support

Jacob's POV

Today is the day I finally get released from the hospital 2.5 weeks later, I'm so happy. I get to see Ryder again..her name repeats in my head as my mom helps me into the car. I can walk a little bit now, but I still need a wheelchair.

Ryder's POV

I can't wait to see Jacob again, I haven't seen him in a week, way too long. I know he likes my hair messy so I just leave it down in its messy curly form. I look through my closet for something to wear and I finally found a loose blue and white tie dye billabong dress, I slip it on and look at myself in the mirror. A smile lit up my face, after all that's been going on at school, this will be so great just to see Jacob.

Jacob's POV

As my mom pulled into I driveway, I couldn't help but to smile and hug her, I was elated to finally be home instead of in that nasty hospital, just thinking about it gives me chills. My mom helps me out of the car and helps me sit in my wheelchair. She knows better then to go in my house but to immediately take me across the street to Ryder's. My mom knocked on her door and I got shivers, I was so excited. A few seconds later Ryder opened the door and I could of screamed...she looked amazing( as always) she was wearing a blue and white dress with her messy hair down, I love when it's messy, and he tan skin brought out her green eyes. I was speechless, my jaw dropped open. My mom started to do the talking.."Ryder, so great to see you! You can see Jacob is speechless!" I started to laugh and so did Ryder. My mom brought me in and just started to look around. "Momma..." I said through a smile. " Oh sorry sorry, you two have fun, Jacob text me if you need anything, love you." She kissed my cheek and left. Ryder came down and hugged me and then we had a little makeout sesh....oops. 😉 she helped me walk to the couch and we sat down. We sat facing each other, holding hands. "So how have things been at school, everything back to normal?" I asked. Her smile started to slowly fade away and she squeezed my hands tighter. " Um well, I haven't really been going." She said. "Why not babe?" I asked concerned. "Because..nobody wants me there." I saw a single tear drip down the bridge of her nose. I realeased my hands from hers and put them on both sides of her jaw.."Why would you ever say that?" I asked. "Rebecca put of pictures of me photoshopped as a prostitute all over school and everyone saw them, I haven't been back at school since." She said quietly. I pulled her head into my chest and rubbed her back. "Baby, it's alright, I'm here now...they can't hurt you anymore." She let out soft cries and I just held her tighter.

* Next Day *

Ryder's POV

It's Monday...greatttt. I woke up and I was laying on Jacob's chest and he had is head resting on mine, I gently tapped him and he woke up, I gave him a kiss and helped him walk to his wheelchair. I ran over to his house and got him clothes. "Do you need help putting them on?" I asked. "Um, I think I got it." He said as he made his way over to the bathroom. I got dressed and went downstairs and made pancakes, I know that's Jacob's favorite. A little while later he came out of the bathroom all dressed and he got so excited when he say pancakes on the counter. We ate together while we laughed at random puns that we found on the internet. After we were done, we went outside to my Uncle's pickup truck to get ready to go to school, I helped Jacob get in and started the engine. "Hey do you have your license?" Jacob curiously asked. "Hahaha no." I said. We started to laugh together and we drove to school. When we got there, I already saw people staring at me. I walked next to Jacob while he pushed himself. People kept giving him high fives and saying feel better while people just gave me the dirtiest looks. Of fucking course there's Rebecca and her clique walking towards us. "Omg Jacob so glad you're back! Ryder so great to see you too!" Rebecca said. Jacob started to laugh but quietly. " Um so I'm having a party tonight and I would love it if you two could come." Jacob and I looked at each other, we both tried to help ourselves from bursting out laughing. "Yeah sure." Jacob said. "Great!" Rebecca said as she pushed past me.

*Lunch Time*

Jacob and I sat together at lunch at our own table because nobody dared sitting with me. "So should we go to Rebecca's party?" Jacob asked. "Um yes! She's probably going to make an ass of herself so somehow, so I think it's worth going." I started to laugh and so did Jacob. He started to rub my thigh under the table. "Wow I love you so much." Jacob said. I smiled. " I love you more whitesides." I laughed as I kissed him.