Chapter 11: Beside you

Ryder's POV

I wonder where Jacob is, he texted me saying he was on his way to my house but it only takes 2 minutes to get here...he texted me 10 minutes ago. He's not answering any of his calls or texts, i'm starting to worry a little. I'm just gonna go look for him on my pennyboard. I ran downstairs and got my backpack and board and headed out the door. I was riding down the street and saw sirens ahead, I was praying for the person that got hurt in my head. When I got closer I saw a car behind the ambulence. I evetually got close enough to see that the car was 2007 grey toyota, Jacob's mom's car. I sprinted over to the car screaming with my hand grasping my mouth. Thr car was upside down and the front of the car was smashed in. I ran past the paramedics who were about to attempt to get Jacob out of the car and ran to the car window. I saw Jacob through the shattered window with his head resting on the wheel..completely lifeless. Blood dripped from his forehead. I kneeled down to the window and started to cry. I rubbed his head and whispered to myself "Everything wil be okay, everything will be okay." The paramedics finally came up to me and pulled me away from the car window. "Ma'am we need to try to get the boy out of the car, are you family?" the paramedic asked. "N-no I'm his girlfriend." I replied through the sniffles. He reassured me that Jacob will be okay and tried to comfort me. After awhile trying to get jacob out of the car he was rolled up into the ambulence, before the ambulence drove away I hopped in the back and went up to jacob's gernie. I grabbed his hand and whispered in his ear "Jacob I'm right here, everything will be fine, okay?" I was sobbing by this time. "Jacob I'm right here beside you. I will always be right here beside you." I knew he was unconscious, but I needed to say this before he went to the hospital, because you never know what can happen. I whispered one last  thing in his ear. "Jacob..I love you." I hopped off the ambulence and they drove off. I walked to the sidewalk and sat down on the ground and started to cry in my arms. Something fell. I lifted my head up and saw that one of my earrings fell out. I just stared at it. It was the earring Jacob got me on our first date.