What Has My Life Become?

I had never been more disgusted in my life. I shoved the boy away from me, shouting as soon as he was off of me. "Yah! I never said I'd let you kiss me! All I agreed to was dating you and only for my friends' safety!"

Before he could respond, I pushed passed him and went to the one place he couldn't follow me: the bathroom with the door locked. I sat on the floor next to the door, running my hands through my hair. The reason I was so upset wasn't just because he kissed me (which I was upset about). It was more that it was my first kiss. Before you judge me for not having my first kiss until I was 16, remember that I've always been homeschooled. Anyway, like any other girl would, I wanted my first kiss to be memorable. You know, with a guy I actually love. I felt my cheeks get wet. Was I...Was I crying? This guy really just made me cry.  There is no way I am letting him get to me like this.

I washed my face, erasing every sign that I had cried. Once I was sure there was no way that he'd know I had cried, I left the bathroom, replacing the distress that caused me to cry with anger.

I walked up to the male and stood in front of him, trying as hard as I could to be intimidating to the boy who was clearly much larger than me. "What is wrong with you? I understand that you're a gang member or whatever, but do you really have so little respect for other people that you not only force a girl to date you but also kiss her knowing she doesn't like you at all? Did you even think that maybe, just maybe, that that was my first kiss?"

He looked surprised, but his normal smirk returned very quickly as he stood up from where he'd been sitting on the couch. "It's rare for a girl as cute as you to not have her first kiss by the time she's your age. Am I really your first kiss?"

I rolled my eyes, crossing my arms to keep myself from shrinking back. In all honestly, his size alone was enough to intimidate me, but I would not show any fear. "I've been home-schooled since elementary school. I didn't even have male friends until like two weeks ago. Did you really not know at least that much about the girl you're supposed to be protecting?"

"It's not my job to know all about your personal life. I just need to know enough to be able to do my job." I couldn't tell if he was amused or exasperated. Maybe a combination. "Regardless, I feel lucky. I've never been a girl's first kiss before."

I rolled my eyes, resisting the urge to punch him. I wanted so bad to just walk out, but I knew my parents would have some things to say about that. "What are you even protecting me from? Yourself? You're the only gang I'm worried about."

"There are other gangs out there, y/n. Ones that would do anything to get close to the chief of police and his family or just to get a jab at the old man." He sighed, making unsure if he was just thinking that I'm naive or if he was actually worried. "What would you even know about gangs anyway? It's not like you've met gang members aside from me."

I bit my lip, a little habit I'd picked up whenever I had to stop myself from telling someone everything about a particular subject. I would not tell this man that I was friends with a gang in which one of the members was beaten almost to death by him just two weeks prior. "My dad is the chief of police. I think I should know quite a bit about gangs, thank you very much. Now if you excuse me, I'm tired of seeing your ugly face."

As I turned around to go back to my room, he stopped me again. "You forgot to eat. You're already skinny, so you need to eat all you can. And I'm not saying that because I care about you or some crap. I'm saying it because it's my job to watch over you."

I rolled my eyes, replying with a simple "I'm not hungry." It was a lie, but he didn't have to know that. I refused to eat anything he provided for me. For all I know, he could've done something to it. I'd just wait until mom and dad were home.