Chapter Three

POV Taehyung

I was trying to make breakfast for Jin but he didn’t get up again. I went up to see him in his room, but he was still sick in bed. He seemed better after he got up yesterday, I wonder what he is sick with. We needed him to work, I couldn’t work as much as him. I sighed as I walked out of the house, heading to the farm to work for the day.

Half way through the day, I made my way to the lake to cool off. I saw someone standing at the other side of the lake, so I waved at them. They didn’t wave back, nor did they look away. I thought it was odd, but I did my best to ignore them as I undressed. I didn’t fully undress, only my shirt off, before jumping into the cool lake. The feeling of the cold water made me feel better, but I still felt uneasy from the person staring at me. I looked back at the lake to see if he was still there, but he wasn’t. I thought nothing of it as I relaxed in the lake. I knew that I needed to get back to work, but the lake was so relaxing.

    I was finally cool enough and I got out of the lake. I didn’t put my shirt on immediately, I waited for the sun to dry me off. “You shouldn’t be at the lake by yourself” a voice behind me said. I jumped, turning around to see who was talking. The man from across the lake was standing behind me. His face was emotionless, but his eyes told a different story. His eyes portrayed anguish and pain. He was wearing all black, his light brown hair contrasted his clothes. “Are you going to respond, or just stare.”

His words took me out of my daze and I realized I was only wearing pants. I reached for my shirt to put back on. “I’m sorry sir, I shouldn’t be here.”

“No, you shouldn’t. It's too dangerous for something so fragile as you” he said.

I reached for my shirt but couldn’t reach them, even when I extended my arm. He reached down and handed me the cloth. “T-thanks” I said, unable to control the blush on my face.

“Where do you live?”

Jin always told me not to tell a stranger where we lived. No one needed to know, so I shouldn’t tell him. “That's none of your business” I said with the most confidence I could muster.

“Oh” he said raising both his voice and an eyebrow.

“I don’t know you.”

The expression changed on his face like he remembered something. “My name is Jungkook, and I just wanted to tell you to be more careful.” He turned to walk away, but I didn’t want him to leave.
    “Wait, my name is Taehyung” I said holding out my hand to shake his.

He reluctantly shook my hand, he definitely was holding something back. “Please be more careful Taehyung, there are bad people out there and they don't think twice about taking you.”
    “Why would they want to take me?”

“That's something I can’t explain to you. Just understand that because you are human, you are prey to others.”
    He looked like he wanted to take that last sentence back. “Because I am human? What is that supposed to mean? Are you not human too?”
    “I told you, this is not for me to explain. Just be more careful.”
    He gave a longing look before turning around and walking away. I wanted to stop him again, but I somehow knew he wouldn’t turn around a second time.