Chapter Nine

Authors note: Sorry for it taking so long! We promise we'll get better about updating. This chapter is dedicated to these people: Seok_Genie, toxicvampirechick000, taeberry_jam, and Dita-san

POV Jin
I woke up in a room filled with silence. My arms were bound to my sides, restricting my movements. While the drugs wore off, I looked around the room. The bed I was on was comfortable but there wasn't really anything else in the room. As I woke up more, the empty hungry feeling came back. Then it hit all at once, making me gag and pull against the restraints. The pain in my arms was nothing compared to the pain I was currently feeling.
I groaned in pain, not even noticing the person standing next to the bed. I felt a cold hand touch my bare arm. I couldn't stop my body from jerking at every touch. Finally there was a different sensation on my arm and the pain subsided. I was finally able to focus on the person next to me. He watched me with curious eyes as I calmed down. There was now a medical table next to the bed with tools sprawled out. “and he's back” the man's voice boomed throughout my head.
I squeezed my eyes shut from the discomfort. “Sorry, it will be better in a couple of minutes. This isn't a miracle drug.”
I opened my eyes and saw him smiling down at me. “Miracle drug? You know what is wrong with me?” I felt anxious, unable to exactly read his expression.
“Maybe. I just don't have it narrowed down to one thing.”
“Why am I locked up?”
“No one knows how dangerous you are.”
I didn't have anything else to say. This was the first time in I don’t know how long that I've had a chance to think about what was happening to me. The man ran a few more tests on me before coming to a conclusion. I could tell he figured it out because his face lit up and he quickly left the room. I sat in the silence, unable to comprehend what was happening to me. “I hope Tae is okay” I whispered to myself. Maybe if I said it out loud it would be true. But even I didn’t believe myself.
I jumped when I heard a knock on the door. I didn’t say anything as the person opened it and came in. It was the doctor again. “Okay” he said as he pulled a chair next to the bed. I still felt uncomfortable but I wasn’t in pain anymore. “Jin is it?”
“Yes.”
I stared up at the ceiling. If he was going to tell me they were going to kill me, I was ready. I didn’t plan on crying or fighting them. There wasn’t any reason to.
“Ok, so Jin I don’t know how to explain this correctly but I am going to try to do my best. First things first you are in what we refer to as heat. But the human part of you is fighting it and that is why you are in so much pain.”
“Human part?”
“I found traces of vampire blood in the blood sample I took from you.