Chapter Four

POV Jungkook

I walked back to the castle, taking my time. I had to be the worst hunter possible, but I couldn’t do it. I couldn’t bring myself to bring that boy, he didn’t deserve to die this young. The king will be very disappointed, maybe he will even yell at me. But it was worth it to keep that boy alive. Taehyung, keep Taehyung alive. Part of me did feel attracted to him, and maybe that's why I was foolish enough to not bring him in. But he was human, it was frowned upon for a vampire to mate with a human.

    I did my best to remove any sort of emotion from my face as I walked past the guards to my room. I thought I might be off the hook, but one of the royal guards came into my room saying the king had requested my presence. Of course Yoongi had brought someone in, he wasn't as stupid as I was. I kneeled next to my emotionless brother. He didn’t even look at me when I walked into the room. “What have you done?” the kings voice boomed. I clenched my teeth, trying to keep my mouth shut. “I had one simple task for the both of you! You both had to bring me a human, but one of you came back empty handed. It isn’t that hard to single someone out and yet you came back empty handed. I can't believe I put my trust in you two.”

“I would like to say that I did bring-”

“SHUT UP, THAT IS NOT THE POINT.”

Yoongi went silent, glaring at me at the corner of his eye. “You better have a good reason why you didn’t bring someone in.” He said a little calmer.

“No, sir, I don’t.”
    He paused and I could see that my response had made him more upset. “You better give me an answer right now, or I will kill you” he said slowly with clenched teeth.

I stared up at him, debating what I should say. “Please sir, just leave my brother alone. He doesn’t know what he is doing. Please forgive his mistake.”

I looked over at Yoongi with wide eyes. He's never defended me, I guess i've never done something so stupid. He ignored Yoongi and continued to glare at me. “Give me a reason right now.”

I decided that it was better if I didn’t say anything, so I kept my expression blank as I stared at him. “Sir” a voice behind us said.

One of the guards had walked into the room and kneeled in front of us. “It’s about your son.”

He looked annoyed but at least he didn’t look as mad. “Fine, leave us. But I want an answer by the end of the night.” He looked directly at me before getting up and walking out to figure out his son. I moved my legs so that I was sitting with them crossed instead of kneeling. My shoulders slouched but not for long. Yoongi punched me square in my face. I fell back, the pain spreading throughout my face. “What was that for??”
    “Are you trying to get us killed!?” he yelled.

“No” I said.

“Then why would you mess up, of all times now?”
    His anger didn’t leave as he continued to talk. He continued to yell at me but I didn’t have an answer. “He could have killed us” he said, drawing out every syllable.

“I know, I’m sorry” I said looking away.

He paused, “you really don’t know why you couldn’t grab him?” My eyes were wide as I looked back over at him. “Yes I saw” he said.

I sighed before standing up. I held my hand out to help him up. He put his hands on my shoulders, his face was softer now. Most of his anger was gone. “Do not, I repeat do not get involved with a human. I promise you that there are things worse than death. You've only had a taste of what our living situation could be if you mess this up.”

I nodded before turning to walk out of the room, unable to concentrate on where I was going. Was that it? Is that why I couldn’t bring him here?