Chapter One

POV Jin

I involuntarily walked out of my room, and downstairs to the kitchen. The sweetest, most intoxicating aroma reached my nose, and I was drawn to it. I felt the worst hunger pains I have ever felt, and I needed to eat. It felt like I was walking down an endless flight of stairs. I saw a glimpse of a raven black haired man sitting at the table, not facing me. The pain in my stomach kept growing, until I couldn't walk anymore. I felt tears fall down my face, because I knew if I could reach him, I would feel better. But I was too weak, and I couldn't move anymore.

I woke up, my hands around my stomach. The pain was real now, and this time I didn't know what to do. I had to just be hungry, but the pain was too much to walk. I saw someone walk into the room, but I couldn't focus on what they were trying to say. I couldn't comprehend anything except for the pain. The waves of pain washed through me, before everything went dark.

I woke up again, feeling a little better. Most of the pain was still there, but I didn't feel it as much as before. I looked around my room, it was empty and mostly dark. I sat up slowly, a wave of nausea passing through me. I barely stopped myself from throwing up as I stood up and walked over to the window. I opened the window and felt the cool breeze rush over my face. I closed my eyes, and enjoyed the fresh air. The moon was coming up, which meant I slept all day. I felt my entire body shake as I headed for the stairs. The stairs reminded me of the dream I had earlier.

I made my way down the stairs, using the walls to steady me. I was relieved to I see Taehyung eating dinner.

He turned to face me, his entire face lighting up. He got up and ran to me, hugging my waist tightly. "I thought you were dying."

"I'm sorry Tae, I don't know what happened."

He looked up at me with teary eyes, "you can't leave me."

"I won't ever leave you, I promise."

His eyes lit up again as he walked over to the table. He grabbed some bread and handed it to me. "I got this at the shop today."

I grabbed it, fighting back tears. "Thanks Tae", I said starting to eat the bread. After a couple minutes, I ran to the toilet to throw it up. I gave the rest of the bread to Tae and smiled weakly. "You should eat the rest."

I made sure Taehyung was asleep before putting on a jacket and walking outside. I needed to process what this meant. I felt weak from the lack of food, but did my best to ignore it as I walked to my spot by the lake. Taehyung and I were abandoned when Taehyung was 11 and I was 13. I took care of us the best I could, always trying to make sure he had food to eat every day. I turned 17 a couple of days ago and Taehyung will turn 15 in a month. We live in an abandoned house, away from most people. There is a village about twenty minutes away from us, which is were we mostly get our food.

The lake was calm tonight, making me calm down a little. I sat down on the dock, closing my eyes and enjoying the breeze. I wanted to stay like this forever, completely ignoring all responsibilities and pain. But after a little while, it felt like someone was watching me. I started feeling uneasy, so I made my way back to the house. I didn't like how uneasy I felt, but tried to ignore it as I went back to bed.