My Mermaid Queen (book 2)

The beginning the chapter is a little inappropriate, but it's not horrible.

Chapter 1

Pale's POV

"Mommy," Matthew teased behind me. "Pale's a mommy! Pale's a mommy!"

"God Matthew," I said. "Your 13."

"Pale's a mommy!" Matthew said.

"Shut your trap," I said. "Once I turn seventeen, I'm old enough to have labor, so shut up."

"But your 15," Matthew said.

"But I'm adopting this child," I said.

The child I'm adopting was Pacific, the newborn I saved from the bus that fell off the bridge.

Ally, my best friend, was taking care of her until she turned two. Which she just turned a week ago.

Over the last few months I have been searching for ingredients to turn Pacific into a mermaid so she could be like my kid and stuff.

It was exciting really, and I was going to see Ally for the first time in almost two years.

"Adopting it, whatever, you still have to breast feed it," Matthew said.

"Ew Matthew you pervert, how do you even know that?" I asked.

"I don't know, I'm thirteen now, I know my way around stuff," Matthew said.

I just barfed in my mouth right there.

"Ew," a voice said behind me. "You merhumans have the weirdest conversations."

I turned around and saw Caspian standing there.

"Yo Caspian!" Matthew called.

As he swam across the hall and bear hugged Caspian. At least Matthew had a friend, that way Pearl and I had some privacy.

Caspian and Matthew shot off to his room, their green fish tails propelling them.

I swam into my room and pulled out a small box under my dresser.

I opened it and inside was a human dropper, a glass vial, a plastic cup, seaweed, a conch shell the size of my forearm, and one of my mermaid scales.

"Hey," a voice said behind me. It was Pearl.

Her blonde shiny hair was grown out longer, so it reached towards the center of her tail, near where her shins would be if she was in a costume.

My hair was only down to the beginning of my tail, near the waist.

"Hi," I said. "How did you get up here?

"Through the window," Pearl said as she pointed to the circular stone balcony.

"Hey what are you doing with those things?" Pearl asked.

"Remember that newborn baby girl I saved when the bus fell of the bridge?" I said.

"Yeah," Pearl replied.

"Well Ally and I made a pact. She would take care of her until she was two, and then I would take care of her for the rest of her life."

"But she's human," Pearl replied. "And your a mermaid."

"Exactly, I'm using these ingredients to turn her into a mermaid. I'm just leaving now. You can come along if you want, Ally has wanted to see you."

"Okay!" Pearl said.

I closed up the box and locked it shut. I opened the large bronze door and we hurried down the hallway.